So Long Casey Stoner...

motogp.com · Stoner announces retirement at end of 2012

Damn! WTH?

"....my family made so many sacrifices for...."

"I am not enjoying it. I don't have the passion for it and so at this time it's better if I retire now."
Here in Australia it`s going to be a big loss,I won`t bother about staying up late to watch the GP after he retires.The cost for Aussie`s to get in a position for a ride on a decent bike in the GP make it all most impossible for them.Unless things change it will be a long time before we see another Aussie in the premier class.I wasn`t going to the Phillip Island GP this year but I may have go now to help give Casey a great send off

Last edited:
He & his family have been on the international circuit road racing since his early teens, living in the back of a bus after selling everything to get his career started. He has tested Team Vodafone V8 supercars in Australia & spent a fair bit of time with them when home in Aus. May be his future direction?. Will be sad to see him go, but respect his reasons & decision.

Yeah, thats pretty shocking news today about Casey. As if the sport hasn't taken it's share of losses already, now this! He seemed so young that I never realized just how long he's been racing. Hey, when it's time, it's time. Better to go out on "top" I say. Maybe Valentino should take some lessons from him as well. Then again.....Who knows??? Maybe we'll see Rossi on a Honda for 2013?????

IMO Stoner is living in gaga-land, citing his lack of interest & motivation on the current restructuring of Motogp that Dorma is working on atm?. Cmon get your head out of the cloud of "self importance" mate. Lets face facts having only 3 bikes on the grid that are competitive and 9 "have-nots" behind them twiddling there thumbs is not great TV. Things have to change in Motogp period and dont blame Dorma for making a series that is fair, affordable with good close hard racing as seen in Moto2. With a wealth of talent moving through Moto2 & 3 a more even playing is required, CRT is the future for Motogp not just 4 bikes from 2 factories winning everything. IMO Stoner is jumping before the changes take effect and the racing becomes more competitive & entertaining, after all he doesnt like being overtaken and dicing with other riders he throws the toys out no chance of ever seeing him in WSB lol. Motogp will be better off without the whining turd !!!

Last edited:
Back