So I got my ZG Sport Touring screen and Satan666 highway pegs installed...

schot1984

And was ready to take this http://tinyurl.com/4pxg7ny 300 mile trip today...

Bike has been sitting on centerstand in the garage for over a week. I went for a pre-trip tire pressure check... rear was reading 5.5psi... I thought, man, this cheap digital gauge is kaputt...

So I checked a tire on the car next to the bike... 31.5, so it's working.
So tire is flat, i fill it up to about 15psi and get to the station to fill it up the rest of the way to 43.5. I figured a nasty rock in my horrible gravel driveway must have knocked the bead and made the tire lose air.

I ride 25 miles to my friend's place to meet up for the little trip. He rides a Hyosung 250 naked style thing. I check the pressure there, now 38.5... Lost 5psi. CRAP!

So turns out my regular shop is open for 3 more hours, so I go over there and pay roughly $270 to get a Dunlop Sportmax Q2 put on the rear then meet my buddy back at his place where we FINALLY get on the road about 1.5-2hrs behind schedule.

We ride ride ride, up over the first side of fort mountain, then stop at an overlook at the top. He says "man I'm gunna need gas sooner than I thought... Hope it's not leaking".
Well guess what? It's leaking. his petcock was leaking gas, so we went back down the same way we came, got lunch, gas, and headed back to his place. I left him to deal with that mess and went and hit up a nice local road real quick then headed home.

What a CRAPPY riding day.

Oh, and the ZG sport touring is cool, still not tall enough, wind hits me in the lower part of my helmet; oh well. And the satan666 pegs are comfy, but when my feet are on them i get CRAZY turbulence on my head from the air redirected by my legs. Really weird. Still glad to have them though, as they allow you to shift around in different positions.

Not many products are ergonomically designed for a 300lb 6'3" man I guess...

I bought a Cee Baileys screen because it is larger than the ZG Sport Touring screen, hopefully it will have better wind protection. Good thing you checked your tire, that could have been dangerous.

Back