Snowbound!

I woke up extra early this morning to get a headstart on making the trek to work. I was up at the bus stop at 5:05am and waited an hour for the bus to arrive. Then it got stuck a block from the train! I decided to walk to the train and was waiting another hour for anything that resembled a train to pull into the station. I called work from the platform at 7:00am to tell them that I would be late and the owner said not to bother. I headed back downstairs and it took another hour to get back home. And to think, I was ready to get the bike started on Sunday because the coming week is supposed to be in the mid 40's. I guess thats not happening! We have 14" of snow on the ground and it's still coming down hard here in the Bronx. I had Richie go down and shovel this morning and took some pics and video for all you southerners and southwesterners to see all the fun your missing!

MoreSnow005.jpg

MoreSnow004.jpg

MoreSnow007.jpg

MoreSnow008.jpg

Gotta have the garage clear just in case! Wishfull thinking!!
MoreSnow009.jpg

MoreSnow010.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmt-DKqYBvk]YouTube - Child Labor At It's Finest!!![/ame]

So this is what all you guys are missing. Now you know why New Yorkers are miserable!!

I woke up extra early this morning to get a headstart on making the trek to work. I was up at the bus stop at 5:05am and waited an hour for the bus to arrive. Then it got stuck a block from the train! I decided to walk to the train and was waiting another hour for anything that resembled a train to pull into the station. I called work from the platform at 7:00am to tell them that I would be late and the owner said not to bother. I headed back downstairs and it took another hour to get back home. And to think, I was ready to get the bike started on Sunday because the coming week is supposed to be in the mid 40's. I guess thats not happening! We have 14" of snow on the ground and it's still coming down hard here in the Bronx. I had Richie go down and shovel this morning and took some pics and video for all you southerners and southwesterners to see all the fun your missing!

So this is what all you guys are missing. Now you know why New Yorkers are miserable!!

Not missing anything here. It's supposed to snow here again this weekend, just enough to be annoying.

Man.....you'v got all my sympathies... When's this stuff going to give us a break. I'm far south of you with dirt showing everywhere, but 150 miles NW of here it's much the same white as you. It's coming, it has to, it will be March in a couple days, time for Dafodills and 'stuff' to start peeking through last years dormant ground coverings. I bet alot of babies get born around September and October.....lol.... of this year...lol

We are supposed to be mid 40s Saturday so I may get to ride tomorrow if the roads are ok. Sunday and Monday, we are supposed to get snow again. Because Colorado is so dry the snown usually does not stay around as long as it probably does in a more humid climate like the east coast has.

Not missing anything here. It's supposed to snow here again this weekend, just enough to be annoying.

You Guys! I don't even want to think about you guys. I feel so bad for you. I know that no matter how bad I think it is here, it's ten times worse up there. You guys laugh at 14" of snowfall. Thats a dusting for you.

Yea, I didn't even bother trying to get to work this morning. However, now the sun is out and a lot of it is melting. Maybe riding season is around the corner after all ;)

geez, and I'm whinning because today's a rain day here. You moved a lotta snow. Gets ya sweating in no time.

Never lived in the city in snow. Looks a little scary. I moved a lotta snow in the country. With shovel on huge decks and with my trusty ASV-RC30. Frontloader 4-in-1, on tracks, with a 7k pound winch in case of trouble.

It is awesome tool/workhorse. Your sidewalk: two minutes. Drive a little longer as I have to make sure not to push snow into the garage door.

Daylight getting longer!

I hope the climate geeks will shut up now. But I doubt it. They'll probably turn it around as say that we are now entering a new ice age.

Same story here in central NJ. I worked at home today and of course shoveled. My daughters are too young to put them at hard labor....yet.

Every snow like this I say I'm going to buy a blower, and I never do. But all the guys on the block who have them were hardly using them. It's so wet and heavy it was clogging them up constantly. At least we got some sun in the afternoon and it melted it off the roads a bit.

Hurry up spring.

forecast upgrade

The snow we were supposed to get this weekend has been changed to above zero temps and sunshine. :bowdown: Double digits for early next week. Of course they have been dangling that carrot out there for a week now and it never seems to happen. The ice and snow on the streets have slowly been starting to disappear. Ever day a bit closer to parole from winter's lock down. :sport12:

I am not going to say anything except my home is available for a swap next year! :)

Well, I saw your last video and all those twisties just to get thru your neighborhood will suffice for me. Just remember that here in NY you can't wear your "six-shooter" so you'll have to bring alternate means of protection. Let me know when your ready for the swap.

I am not going to say anything except my home is available for a swap next year! :)

I hope it's a big place with lots of parking. It could get interesting next October when a couple of hundred Northerners pull up with their bikes looking for keys. :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

We got a little snow over night but it is all almost gone already with today's temp.

The bigger thing is we had a damned-near hurricane here in NH and it took out a LOT of trees and power lines. We got ours back after 29 hours but I expected to be without a lot longer. Because of our daughter and her beby, our grandchild, staying with us, we were worried about heat, hot water and the contents of both the fridge and the freezer in the basement, so I went and got RAPED on a new generator but what could I do? It is a nice one but I'm sure I overpaid due to the storm and sales for the day and it being the last one they had large enough to run the four things I needed. However, it worked perfectly and I'm now better prepared for the next outage. :D

We still have over 250,000 without power. We're one of the lucky ones.

This is almost every street in every city. People couldn't even leave their house and go anywhere with so many roads closed.

bilde

Just remember that here in NY you can't wear your "six-shooter" so you'll have to bring alternate means of protection.

My Kung Fu is pretty good.

A couple hundred Northerners? Well, we would still extend southern hospitality as best we can. Tents in the dogie mine field in the back yard. ...maybe even the neighbors.

We got a little snow over night but it is all almost gone already with today's temp.

The bigger thing is we had a damned-near hurricane here in NH and it took out a LOT of trees and power lines. We got ours back after 29 hours but I expected to be without a lot longer. Because of our daughter and her beby, our grandchild, staying with us, we were worried about heat, hot water and the contents of both the fridge and the freezer in the basement, so I went and got RAPED on a new generator but what could I do? It is a nice one but I'm sure I overpaid due to the storm and sales for the day and it being the last one they had large enough to run the four things I needed. However, it worked perfectly and I'm now better prepared for the next outage. :D

We still have over 250,000 without power. We're one of the lucky ones.

This is almost every street in every city. People couldn't even leave their house and go anywhere with so many roads closed.

bilde

Wow Eric! Sorry to hear about the situation up there. The weather this year is totally insane. I hope to God the baby is okay and that you guys have power restored sooner than expected.

Yes - Spring will be here soon. Conditions are not so bad over here in Britain - but we've also had a fair bit of snow, frost, etc. It seems to have been a long, dark winter, but hopefully we are over the worst. The roads here in North Tyneside are atrocious as a result of the recent weather. There are plenty of nasty big potholes and other areas where the road surface has broken up as a result of rain, frost, etc.

Stay positive - we'll be out there enjoying the sun and dry roads soon!

Steve

Yes - Spring will be here soon. Conditions are not so bad over here in Britain - but we've also had a fair bit of snow, frost, etc. It seems to have been a long, dark winter, but hopefully we are over the worst. The roads here in North Tyneside are atrocious as a result of the recent weather. There are plenty of nasty big potholes and other areas where the road surface has broken up as a result of rain, frost, etc.
Steve

Longest and wettest winter here in N. CA that I can remember. Had the El Nino a few years back, but this is way wetter, but no floods, like then, as the storms were spaced apart.

Usually we get some hot weather in Jan, for a week or so. Not this year.

But, daylight is getting longer. Already can see everything drying up on the roads way fast.

Everyone get ready, and please ride safe.

Wow Eric! Sorry to hear about the situation up there. The weather this year is totally insane. I hope to God the baby is okay and that you guys have power restored sooner than expected.

Ours has stayed on since it came back. The power company here did a great job getting us restored and they are working around the clock to get to others but there's just so much damage out there. There's still over 200,000 people without power up here. There are crews that have to go and clear the trees and debris up before the linesmen can make repairs.

But, we're a hardy sort of people up here and most are prepared to make due or button things up and go stay with someone who does have power. I'm on the edge of town and have power, my son's apartment is downtown and he still is without power. Him and his girlfriend spent last night here.

Thanks Billy! It's getting better by the day for most.

Duhhhh.......

Why didn't I think of it earlier?..... My Brother has one of these and lives in Island Park, just out of Yellowstone. Here's the other R1 motored toy you need........ it just makes sence 'not for nut'in'

Back