snow

We have a 60% chance of snow this Monday/Tuesday.

That is an amazing amount of snow, and that is from a person who grew up in Colorado!

Stay warm and safe.

I was always impressed with the shear amount of snow Michigan got, especially the part north of the Mackinaw bridge. I used to truck through there and remember trail blazing through deep snow on the highways at night. Good times!

You should see Aussies try to deal with snow! Some winters we'll get a 2 inch snow fall on the Blue Mtns west of Sydney and they close the roads. LMAO

We're getting more snow along with 40 - 50 mph winds and temps dropping to -8 tonight. Where's Al Gore?

I'm included in that "We". Those winds are fierce tonight! I think they are rocking the house. :tdown:

I pray we don't get that much snow. I'm so done with winter already. :shaking head: Where is spring? :waiting:

We're getting more snow along with 40 - 50 mph winds and temps dropping to -8 tonight. Where's Al Gore?

We've been getting tons of wind and bitter cold too several days of -20 to -30 windchill.
I was always impressed with the shear amount of snow Michigan got, especially the part north of the Mackinaw bridge. I used to truck through there and remember trail blazing through deep snow on the highways at night. Good times!
Keewenaw peninsula at the top of the upper peninsula gets huge amounts of snow they average over 200" a year. Those guys ride mountain sleds (which is what we need here fir this)

I think I might get a half inch over the next week because of the 'storm' passing over. People hear drive like asses when it sprinkles so it should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in the meantime in Florida this weekend :)
yolmen-albums-yolmen-fz1-picture4046-my-fz1-first-shoot-nikon-d5300.jpg

yolmen-albums-yolmen-fz1-picture4047-my-fz1-first-shoot-nikon-d5300.jpg

We should have at least that much in the Sierra Nevada Mountains but many places are bare. Wish we could trade with you as our snow pack is the summer water supply.
Things are much worse with the drought out west than most people realize.

All of the West Coast in a dry spell. Hope my well don't dry up this year or next. Some fresh white stuff coming end of week for our hilll's so I'll be on boards by noon Friday.

I didn't see snow until I went to the US in July a few years ago. This is at Crater Lake, Oregon:
SnowMustang.jpg

One day I might go somewhere to actually see snow falling.

I thought your neighbor NZ has skiing up in their mountains. You can see snow there, eh!

I was watching the Santoz Tour Downunder in Adalaide and it seemed to be quite warm, in the high 30s low 40s. It's nice that one of your own Aussies won the race on an Aussie team.

Nice, I love snow, but it probably has something to do with being able to go into the mountains to play in it and then come home where it usually never sticks around for more than a few days when it does actually fall at our house.

I'm sure I wouldn't like it as much if I had to look at it continuously until spring or if I couldn't get my bike out at all during the winter.

Like the others commented, the winter snowpack is our summer water supply. Thankfully the Colorado mountains are a little better than average this year. Last winter was a dry one for us.

Last edited:
I think I might get a half inch over the next week because of the 'storm' passing over. People hear drive like asses when it sprinkles so it should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here too. They act like they've never driven in snow before every damn time it snows. 25-35 mph. Of course it's been slick enough to keep me at 45-50... In 4wd with snows on ( only in 4 because it's stuck there for now.)

Seb are you in Traverse City? My wife and I visit there to vacation, hike and watch the red Wings... Super nice town and area. That is awesome snow in the picture. Here in Vermont we started the season with decent snow then had the meltdown and rain and super cold snap turning the remaining snow into boilerplate ice. Today snow and blowing snow then back to cold. Looking forward to spring and summer and first ride on the FZ.
Gary

Back