Slip on

2013 FZ1 Slip on Options.

So I just bought a new FZ1, and I am not finding much other than a Graves, or Akrapovic slip on. Anyone know if the Yoshimura full carbon slip on for the 2012 FZ1 will fit the 2013 model? I know the bike is virtually unchanged however, Yoshimura's website does not list the 2013 model as being compatible with the exhaust. Also, Revzilla.com shows that it is not compatible with the 2013 model. From what i've heard on youtube the Yoshimura sounds awesome. I would like to know if the Yoshimura, or the Akrapovic is louder. Anyone have any input? Another slip on I am interested in is the MiVV Suono. I know the exhaust notes between these slip ons are completely different. Thanks!

So I just bought a new FZ1, and I am not finding much other than a Graves, or Akrapovic slip on. Anyone know if the Yoshimura full carbon slip on for the 2012 FZ1 will fit the 2013 model? I know the bike is virtually unchanged however, Yoshimura's website does not list the 2013 model as being compatible with the exhaust. Also, Revzilla.com shows that it is not compatible with the 2013 model. From what i've heard on youtube the Yoshimura sounds awesome. I would like to know if the Yoshimura, or the Akrapovic is louder. Anyone have any input? Another slip on I am interested in is the MiVV Suono. I know the exhaust notes between these slip ons are completely different. Thanks!

There is no difference from 2006 to 2013 in the FZ1, excpet for paint and fuel mapping as far as I know. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I can't think of any reason the Yoshi wouldn't work on a 2013. Two Brothers is a good pipe to look at too.

I know the Two Bros has different inserts to vary the loudness of the pipe. Most other pipes have at least one Db killer that can be removed if you want it really loud. I can't speak to which pipe is louder with or without Db killers. I know Cobalt (Eric) has the Two Bros and added the insert (P1, I think) to make it as quiet as possible. I think he said it made it about as quiet as the stock pipe.

From YouTube videos only, I like the sound of the MiVV Suono the most, but the Two Bros, Yoshi and Akrapovic all sound great. I'd love to hear them all in person, but no luck so far. Hopefully others can speak more on the sounds of the different pipes. I'm still on the stock boat anchor.

@SirNevets,

well,akrapovic was the 1st exhaust i had on my fz1....i have had on carbon.....
very good quality....the sound was not too loud.....next to a cbr 1000 '06 with gianneli exhaust my akra almost didn't hear at all.....
then i fitted leo vince sbk evo 2 carbon......that was the sound that fz1 should be......then i heared at youtube the racefit......wow!!!!
that exhaust is almost how moto gp bikes like......top of the top quality and the sound is amazing!!!for me racefit is just the best exhaust you can fit to your fz1!!!a bit expensive but it's worth every pennie on it!!!

choice is yours!!!

Thanks for the quick responses! Kyko do you have a video of your exhaust?

well,i don't have video because every time i upload a video with the exhaust on youtube the sound is very loud and you can't hear it clearly.....it makes a very very confused sound.....maybe it fails my phone camera which is not a HD camera......i don't know....

Exhaust pipes are loud enough to excede the capacity of most recording devices and microphones, thus giving a distorted or inaccurate sound in the video/recording. Keeping the recording device farther away should help, but I'm not sure YouTube could ever give a clear idea of what an exhaust sounds like. :smoking: At least it's something. I don't know if any of the manufactures have any professional videos or recordings. I'm not aware of any, but they may be out there.

Exhaust pipes are loud enough to excede the capacity of most recording devices and microphones, thus giving a distorted or inaccurate sound in the video/recording. Keeping the recording device farther away should help, but I'm not sure YouTube could ever give a clear idea of what an exhaust sounds like. :smoking: At least it's something. I don't know if any of the manufactures have any professional videos or recordings. I'm not aware of any, but they may be out there.

well,i understand what you mean.....i was impressed by this video.....you can hear the deep growling sound that racefit has.....with and especially without baffle.......that is the reason i fitted racefit.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEzzb5GFXow]'08 FZ1 with Racefit Growler - YouTube[/ame]

It still gives you a rough idea. One other pointer, if you are watching YouTube videos, if you up the video to 720 or 1080, it will also increase the audio quality.

I did Two Bros M2 VALE in Aluminum

:wtf:

On budget did 2 Brothers nice sound , sleeker than stock unit have not tried a power commander.

:thinking:

Last edited:
Taking the radiator off from what I seen isn't looking like fun.

Its very easy, but you dont need to do that to disable the AIS.

Lift the tank and youll see the air hoses at the left side of the airbox. cut the lines and plug them. I inserted a yellow wire nut inverted and secured it with a zip tie. Been like that for over 40k miles.

Back