Sliders For Gen1

CBXR

Hi,
picking up my new to me 2002 Z on Sunday, I am planning on putting a set of lowers after i check everything. Can you put a set of frame sliders with
the lowers? Will post photos down the road. a second question - does anyone have one of the multigauges from Germany? any input would be appreciared
Thanks.

The lowers use a bracket and "disc" that mounts to the bike at the engine bolts on the front of the frame. Because the disc actually winds up "centered" in between the two bolts, installing a slider there is possible, but it would only be for "looks" and not function. I too run my GenI with full lowers and have come to the reality that if the bike goes down, I only have the fairing as protection. It actually went down in my accident last July and the fairing, while expensive to replace, did save my engine and frame from any other damage. So my $700 dollar sliders worked great!:yes:

I would imagine that if you're willing to cut a hole in the fairings there would be a way of mounting the sliders. Might require some fabricating skills ;)

Back