Sliders for a '02 FZ1?

I have been searching for sliders for my '02 FZ1. I'd rather not have my beetle's do all the work in the event of a slide. The best I have found on-line or at the Yamaha shop are for '05s and newer.

I JUST found there website. Only $28 instead of $70-$80 and up for newer bikes that I've seen. What is your opinion of the quality? And, how did you install yours?

Thanks.

Crash tested and approved! I've never used any other kind and have never had a reason to look at the more expensive ones.

I used the upper motor mount per the directions. Oddly (or rightly) the price as increased by $3 to $5 since I purchased my first set a few years ago.

I had a minor getoff back in January. The slider did it's job!
DSCF4506.JPG

Replaced it with the same kind
DSCF4507.JPG

and took the sticker off. The new ones look like they might not have the sticker on them.

FZ1 Gen 1 Axle Slider

I believe I am correct when I say that they do not offer axle sliders for Gen 1 machines.

I would be more than pleased to be proven incorrect.

I emailed T-Rex and asked "why" no axle sliders for Gen 1 FZ1 and I believe they will have something to offer within 6 to 8 weeks.

Check out their website starting "about" mid-September.

I'll buy them as soon as they list them.

Does anyone using these have the full fairing? Just wondering if they will work with the full fairing before I buy some and they not bolt on with the fairing.

Does anyone using these have the full fairing? Just wondering if they will work with the full fairing before I buy some and they not bolt on with the fairing.

I think you'll have to modify the fairings in order to get frame sliders to work on the Gen I bikes.

Ohh, yeah , ,

Yes . . . here are some pics of my Gen-I. The T-Rex's look awesome on her. I like to use a dual 'slider' set-up for even more tip-over protection. Just remember that by securing them to the lower fairing bracket they will NOT be as strong protection-wise. The thinner bracket will likely fold under if you crash going forward.
They will even work as forward foot-rests too. Great for old guys like me, that need to stretch out occasionally.
:cheers:

Back