Slider Advise

Yes, the new T-Rex sliders are a clever design, too. Like the Woodcrafts, it should be easier to replace the pucks if necessary (we hope not). Why would you need to make spare pucks, though? Doesn't T-Rex sell replacements?

I think the Woodcrafts are still shorter and fatter than the T-Rexs. So it becomes a question of style.

Framesliders350.jpg
N70-6B4url.jpg

Do you have any more photos of your sliders, fzdnasr14? I wonder just how far they stick out.

I could make new pucks cheaper than buying a new set.
I would only make new ones if i destroyed the set I have by dropping or crashing the bike.
The slider's are 4.07 inches long. That is the length of the black plastic only not including the length of the aluminum mounting lug, which is 1.138 inches long.

Last edited:
I think I will be replacing my older style T-Rex sliders with their new design. I have been impressed with T-Rex and will only use their sliders on my future bikes too. They are the best value out there, PERIOD!

Thanks. That's not bad at all. I called T-Rex and they will sell you replacement pucks. Sounds like they don't get many requests, though. Perhaps because they want $15 per puck plus shipping... might as well just buy a new kit.

If you've got more pics of your bike with the sliders installed, post em up.

Nice. I really like the Red and Gold color scheme. Looks like Tony Stark's bike.

I hope you don't mind, I took the liberty of re-hosting and rotating your pics.

The T-Rex frame sliders are without a doubt the best value out there. But the more I research, the more I gravitate towards the Woodcrafts. I think I will pick up the T-Rex fork/front axle sliders, though.

T-Rex%2520Frame%2520Sliders%2520-%2520fzdnasr14%2527s%25201.jpg
T-Rex%2520Frame%2520Sliders%2520-%2520fzdnasr14%2527s%25202.jpg

T-Rex%2520Frame%2520Sliders%2520-%2520fzdnasr14%2527s%25204.jpg
T-Rex%2520Frame%2520Sliders%2520-%2520fzdnasr14%2527s%25203.jpg

Is this forum especially laggy lately or is it just me? This is my third time trying to post this.

I think the Woodcrafts are still shorter and fatter than the T-Rexs. So it becomes a question of style.

It ain't about style and style should be the least of your concerns.

I installed T-Rex sliders at $20 something per pair and can't see how other "reputable firms" can charge what they do for the same type of product.

Too many times customers buy the highest priced product because it is priced high and not because it is the best.

Replacement pucks from either Woodcraft or T-Rex are about $15 a piece. The question then becomes, which base design is more likely to survive a crash?

IMHO the Woodcraft with its shorter, fatter puck is less likely to be subjected to the kinds of loads that would damage the base---and more likely to succeed at the intended purpose: to protect the frame from damage. The longer sliders may do a better job of protecting ancillary components in a tip-over. I guess it depends on what type of accidents/damage you're concerned about.

Anyway, I may be totally drinking the Kool-Aid here, but I agree with their design theory. And in spite of the above I prefer their aesthetics. They are more understated. At first glance you almost don't notice them. Here's some on an FZ6:

IMG_2109.JPG

IMG_2117.JPG

To each their own, and here's hoping none of us ever have to put our sliders to the test.

It ain't about style and style should be the least of your concerns.

I installed T-Rex sliders at $20 something per pair and can't see how other "reputable firms" can charge what they do for the same type of product.

Too many times customers buy the highest priced product because it is priced high and not because it is the best.

Normally I would agree with you. All too often products (e.g. cars) seem to be built to a price rather than built to meet the customers actual needs. But in my opinion the Woodcrafts are legitimately superior to the competition both functionally and aesthetically. The latter is impossible to prove, and the former I hope to never have the opportunity to prove.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you on the looks of the sliders. To be honest I like the looks of the Woodcraft sliders better than the trex sliders, accept for the big honking flat head screw in the side of the puck. I like the smaller set screw. I really do not like looks of the heavy feedrate on the trex sliders. All that being said the trex sliders seemed to be highly recommended, and I am just getting back into motorcycling so my knowledge is a few years out of date. Regarding the strength of one versus the other, the hollow aluminum on the woocraft is not what i would do. Make the walls thicker and run the side screw into the aluminum base not all the way through into the delrin on the other side. On the trex I did not like how they ran the set screw down on the major diameter of the threads so I milled a flat in the threads to fix that. Like I said earlier in this thread I will make my own next time I just needed the dimensions to work with. I am not trying to start any trouble here I am just posting my thoughts and opinions.

Last edited:
For what it's worth just get the one you like. They will both protect your bike and if you drop your bike at high speeds you will probably have bigger issues than the sliders...

I went with the Woodcraft, I like the smaller more compact size, and how them mount. I had T-rex on my FZ6, they make a great product but on the FZ1 they look a little like highway pegs. Also out of stock right now. Got the Woodcraft for $63 shipped. I'll add some pics after installation.

Back