Slider Advise

Speed4341

Im looking to get a full set of sliders/ spools for my bike. I want frame sliders, swing arm spools, fork sliders, and anything else that may save my bike if it were to go down. Can you guys make some suggestions for me? I want to give my bike as much protection as possible as I am a new rider! I saw a thread about a "top block", what is this?

Thanks in advance, Cameron

check out motovation sliders for the fork sliders, spools... etc... you can also get the main frame sliders from them as well... or you can get a cheaper set on eBay.... for the most protection, you could look at a crash cage... but most of those tend to reduce cornering clearance...

Can't go wrong with Motivation. I had a set on an SV when I low sided at the track. They held up well but they are a little spendy.

I just put a set of Shogun sliders on my FZ1. Got 'em pretty cheap on motorcyclegear.com not too long ago. You could probably google "FZ1 crash kit" to get complete sets of frame sliders, spools and bar ends.

Ride safe and here's to hoping you never use the sliders!

Ok here's my next question. Has anyone seen these grooved like the rear bobbins? This could be used like a rear swing arm stand? Good idea? bad idea? if someone invents it I just want a little cut.....lol

Ok here's my next question. Has anyone seen these grooved like the rear bobbins? This could be used like a rear swing arm stand? Good idea? bad idea? if someone invents it I just want a little cut.....lol

Motovation makes some for the fz6, but doesn't look like they have any for the FZ1 :(

motovation

fz6as_lg.jpg

actually I have a set of those laying around somewhere in my garage. from my previous FZ6. Might see if they'll fit my FZ1 :)

I have T-Rex sliders, and my bike went down with them on. They did a great job. So great that's what I replaced the banged up ones with. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a little pissed off at myself. I cheaped out and ordered some no name set of sliders off ebay. I figured that it wouldn't matter to much cause they are pretty much disposable and will get wrecked while protecting the bike. But now Im warried that if the quality of them is not on par with some name brand ones, they might actually not be able withstand a crash.

I have T-Rex sliders on my '07. I haven't had the chance to use them (yeah!) and hope I don't. They come recommend by others here who have had the misfortune of using them. They were very inexpensive and extremely easy to install (I just had to buy a torque wrench, but needed one anyway, and some blue loctite). I don't have any other protection.

:2cents:

Last edited:

You mean something like these
2012-02-20_11-56-09_134.jpg

They probably won't offer much protection for your exhaust but are handy with no centerstand & should protect on the left.

Speedymoto also makes some

But then there is these for your can

Last edited:
T-Rex member

I am in the T-Rex Racing club !! Great quality for the price. I use 2-per side and here is a couple of pics. Haven't been drop tested yet , , , ,, : oops:
Note the T-Rex decals. After one blew off (I must not have got it prepped with the alcohol enough) I emailed them for a replacement and they sent me SIX more for free !! Great people and made in the USA too!!

This sounds like a dumb question, but I'm going to ask it anyway... Are sliders sold in pairs, or is the price per-unit? Looks like two or three pair is plenty.

I am in the T-Rex Racing club !! Great quality for the price. I use 2-per side and here is a couple of pics. Haven't been drop tested yet , , , ,, : oops:
Note the T-Rex decals. After one blew off (I must not have got it prepped with the alcohol enough) I emailed them for a replacement and they sent me SIX more for free !! Great people and made in the USA too!!

Im on the t-rex website about to order some stuff (swingarm spools, axle sliders, and frame sliders). How many frame sliders do I need. You said you are using 2 per side on your Gen I, correct? Would I want to do this on my Gen II, and if so where would the second set mount?

Back