Simulate an FCE with a Power Commander?

sychodan

Hi all,

no need for me personal couse i have an FCE, but i just had following thoughts:

The major job of an FCE is to keep fueling the engine, while throttle is fully closed.

But when i look at a power commander map i could change the value for 0 throttle.
So when i´m setting a 1 at all zero throttle rpms, couldnt i simulate here an fce?
couse the PowerCommander should then still get fuel into the engine when its set to 1 , or am i completely wrong?

Best regards,
dan

Unfortunately that wont work. The computer basically over rides the power commander when it calls for fuel cut no matter what value has been entered in the 0% throttle column. I had the same idea as you a while back but Ivans testing has proven it wont work. The only fix for fuel cut is an FCE or a ECU flash. My 2010 is not effected to severely by fuel cut but it does happen and is slightly annoying, from what I've read on the early bikes it's horrible.

I actually tried values from 5 to 20 in the 0% column because I'm stubborn LOL but it did not cure the fuel cut :)

Last edited:
Always wonder... anyone try to adjust the TPS so it read 1% when the throttle is close? Might just need to adjust the fueling for idle... I'll try it. The TPS read 0-5 volts and give the input to the ECU that is calibrate to transform that in throttle opening angle. But if you cheat this number?

If you have a PCV you can already know what voltage you need for the TPS to read 1% throttle (TPS calibration page) So if I had to test I will either adjust the TPS to read 1% or make a jumper from the +5V to signal wire so it read a minimum V value.

But I might be all wrong too.

Last edited:
On my R6 I have about 12 points of fuel added in a 2% TPS from 2,500 to 15,500 rpm range. In a long sweepers that require maintenance throttle it really helps with power transition smoothness.

Back