Should I fix this wheel or buy a new one?

Hey Guys,

I had a minor accident and managed to bend my front wheel :eek: Do you think it's worth trying to fix this or should I just anti up for a new wheel. I don't want to risk integrity of the wheel if the fix might lessen it. Haven't found a single used one for sale yet! Let me know if you see any.

Hey Guys,

I had a minor accident and managed to bend my front wheel :eek: Do you think it's worth trying to fix this or should I just anti up for a new wheel. I don't want to risk integrity of the wheel if the fix might lessen it. Haven't found a single used one for sale yet! Let me know if you see any.

New...
There has to be some for sale somewhere, I'm pretty sure they are the same as the R1 time.

Turn that in for scrap metal...

Buddy of mine did a similar thing on a pothole... and it wasn't as bad, he was just losing around 5psi every couple days... we just happened to see it when we were doing his chain.... He tried fixing it, torch, hammer.. torch, hammer... no go.. He just sat on the side for a couple weeks, watching ebay and Craigslist until one came around.

Good luck

Yah, I am checking everywhere like a mad man:evillaugh: If you guys could also keep an eye out for me that would be amazing!!

Yah I was okay. Just embarrassed!!

Ouch! Get a new/used one. Check Ebay for deals. I bought a pair of gold wheels for my R6 for $400.00.

Did you come out okay???

Shop?

Do you know of a decent wheel repair shop where you live? If it were me I would start with a quote. You would be amazed at the work some of these guys are capable of. I had two of my GTO wheels widened 1.5" and the guy who did it showed me some of his repair work. I would have assumed the wheels were trash.

My own opinion is that you have to replace the wheel.
By the way, I do not want to scare you but, besides the wheel, you should check the welding of the chassis. That kind of shot, unfortunately, can have weakened the frame.
:thinking:

I slid into a curb (in the snow) in my car. Took a huge chunk out of my alloy wheel. The dealer wanted $800ish for a new wheel. Took it to a wheel repair shop. They repaired it for about $120 and you can't tell that it was ever damaged.

Back