should i buy this?!

skote

ok ive been put in a situation where i may be able to buy a 2007 FZ6 with 9000 miles for $3000 bucks it would be for my girlfriend to ride...she rides an 08 ninja 250 now and rides well i got a $2900 dollar offer on the 250 so i would have to spend 100 bucks to get the fz6

mods are as follows

scorpion slip ons
scorpion security system
puig windshield
powercommander 3
frame sliders
yamaha tank bag
fender eliminator
blue bar ends
chrome brake fluid cap
chrom engine oil cap

extras are..
all the stock components that were taken off
brand new blue chain
aftermarket mirrors with built in turn signals
throttle lock cruise control thing..

so some insight would be nice is this a good deal and is it a good ladies bike

she is a very conservative rider and the bike will prolly rarely see 9000 rpm she fits it well i would have to shave the seat just a smidge so she sits flat footed but that mods free :)

For a $100 that's a nice upgrade in my book! I say go for it. The FZ6 is a good reliable bike and will have more than enough power for her, especially in passing situations.

i must say it is a very sharp bike.....

shes not too crazy about the loud exhaust i was thinking about sellin the scorpion and the pc3 and the mirrors with the turn signals in them to recoupe maybe about 300-500 bucks maybe? make it a 2500 dollar fz6 lol

i must say it is a very sharp bike.....

shes not too crazy about the loud exhaust i was thinking about sellin the scorpion and the pc3 and the mirrors with the turn signals in them to recoupe maybe about 300-500 bucks maybe? make it a 2500 dollar fz6 lol

Keep the exhaust, one of the downsizes of the FZ6 is that it's stock exhaust was to quiet and people could not hear the bike when they were being overtaken.... my friend had a near accident because the car in front didn't notice him coming from behind..........

Maybe the best would be if you are an experienced rider to take it for a test drive to se how the bike is running. You always have time to take out all of the mods and sell them without any problem.

However for 100$ a good upgrade!!! If everything is in good order on the bike I would close the deal.

she is a very conservative rider and the bike will prolly rarely see 9000 rpm she fits it well i would have to shave the seat just a smidge so she sits flat footed but that mods free :)

You say she fits it well with a seat shave, so that gets rid of my main concern. My wife has a 2009 Ninja 250r, but had to have it lowered. I thought an FZ6 would be a great bike for her, but I've heard they can't be lowered very well. I figure my wife will end up on a Ninja 650 at some point.

Anyway, that sounds like a very good deal to me. The FZ6 is a much better bike than the FZ6R. She should enjoy the upgrade. Let's see some pics of the Ninja and the FZ6 if you get the chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back