Shorter stalk OEM fit mirrors?

I have searched and searched and can't seem to come up with anything conclusive! Are there any Yamaha mirrors (R1, R6, etc) that are direct bolt on a Gen 2 that are shorter than the originals? I want them to fit onto the fairing exactly as the factory FZ1's do.

There's another post on this forum about using ZX6R mirrors - with pictures. Do a search for "ZX6R mirrors". It's one solid option.

Thanks I found it. Doesn't look like they fare up the same as the stock mirrors though. I would like them to fit the same so the Copperdog screen cutouts don't look goofy.

I have searched and searched and can't seem to come up with anything conclusive! Are there any Yamaha mirrors (R1, R6, etc) that are direct bolt on a Gen 2 that are shorter than the originals? I want them to fit onto the fairing exactly as the factory FZ1's do.

Your not going to find antthing after market that fits the factory mirror base. I have block off plates for the bike that don't fit it the way I would like. I did the zx6r mirror as well they don't fit that diamond shape but do fit. If you have a darker colored bike you wont notice. Just remember the stock mirrors have a great view. Shorter stalks are going to make you tuck your elbows. Bar ends will make you do the same.

Your not going to find antthing after market that fits the factory mirror base. I have block off plates for the bike that don't fit it the way I would like. I did the zx6r mirror as well they don't fit that diamond shape but do fit. If you have a darker colored bike you wont notice. Just remember the stock mirrors have a great view. Shorter stalks are going to make you tuck your elbows. Bar ends will make you do the same.

Yeah I know it will be a little tougher seeing behind. I hate the look of bar end mirrors so thats not an option. I thought I read somewhere that a certain year R6 (2001 I think) fit the same. That might have been on a Gen 1 though.

The zx6r mirror will run you 30 bucks or less on ebay. Va rider said that gixxer mirrors have the same spacing, have directionals in them and cost about the same. You really wont notice the missin exact fit boot.

To do what you want will require a modification. I would cut the mirror stalk about 2 inches from the base and remove as much rise from the remaining mirror as you would like. Then, you will need to have a sleave machined to cover the stalk base and then epoxy the mirror stalk back together inside the sleave.

Being as long as they are, the oem stalks STILL are not great and I find the mirrors almost useless. Anything shorter would be even worse to deal with IMHO. If you're staring at your elbows now, with shorter stalks, you can always put on makeup while riding because about all you'll see is your face... LOL!!!!! :D

Funny part is, I read this thread before seeing your edit on the for sale thread.... and I'm wondering to myself : "What does Wayne care? He's selling the bike!" Hahaha!

Last edited:
Back