Shop manual / repair handbook

EISTO

To all you DIY's out there,

I love tinkering with the bike and see this both as a hobby and a way of saving money. There is, however, one small problem. It seems impossible to get hold of a shop manual / repair handbook (what do you guys call it in English..?). Surely such a book has to exist? Not even Haynes seem to have one and they even have manuals for small children...
I want the real thing, i.e. a proper manual that goes into minute detail.

I would be really grateful :unworthy: if anyone out there could offer a tip or two.

/E

Your local Yamaha dealer should be able to order a Yamaha fz1 service manual. They can in the US anyway.

As far as I know there is no aftermarket service manual for the 2nd gen FZ1 like the 1st gen. So the Yamaha factory service manual would be your only choice.

I purchased a manual for 2nd Gen off of Ebay. It's pretty good, it is the soft copy so you'd have to either print it or view it on a PC...

Legally, the only manual available is the OEM Yamaha printed service manual. Yamaha does not have one in electronic format and any found or sold is an illegal copy. Outside of this forum, Google might present you with another answer or link. ;)

Thanks to everyone for replies, it seems I fell for the classic "it is not on Google, therefore it doesn't exist"-mistake :)
Will contact a dealer here in Norway to see how big a fortune it costs to buy a hardcopy. If the price is ridiculously high (as it usually is in Norway) I will buy a used copy from e-bay.

/E

I just tried also. No Shop manual for the 2012 or 2013 BUT, it shows the shop manual available for the 2011, which should be identical???????

My question here would be:

It shows the manuals to be for model designations FZ10AS and FZ10ACS.......

Does anybody on the board know what these models/letters mean?

I'm in the US and have 2012 (white and black model). Are those models for the US/Canadian markets, or for the European markets?

I don't want to get the manual for a model that has different specs and looks.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
Back