Shocking

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
More to come when the wife goes to bed
IMG_9747.jpg

My Penske 8983 from Traxxion arrived today. Install from start to finish is about a hour. It could be much less if the mounting hardware for the rezivore was better. I spent some time cutting down the supplied hose clamps and covering them with electrical tape, then heating them up with a heat gun. Can't wait to feel the difference.

IMG_9748.jpg

IMG_9753.jpg

IMG_9752.jpg

IMG_9755.jpg

IMG_9757.jpg

May you enjoy the double clicker and ALL that it has to offer over the stocker.

When I saw the first picture, I thought you had a polish that would turn granite grey into black......but then I saw the hanging triangle.....

Adam

That looks great! I especially liked your idea of covering the hose clamps with the electrical tape. Prevents scratches to the shock reservoir and makes the clamps blend in more. I'm sure you'll be quite pleased with it as the stock shock is garbage in just about everyone's opinion ;)

Last edited:
I got to ride it to school today. The only adjustments I made is a little more ride height. The bike just feels more connected and much smoother over bumps. The raised ride height make the bike feel sportier. Can't wait to see how it feels with a touch more tweaking

I never really up dated my thought on the Penske. If I had to do it all over this would have been my first Mod followed up by the R1 front end. I have about 6500 miles on the shock and fork set up and it still feels tight(in a good way), like new. At 825.00 for the shock delivered its not cheap but I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. As a matter of fact I'm saving to put one on my Hawk.

I don't realize how good it is until I ride a stocker again. There is no going back. A friend rode mine and a month latter went out and bought a Ohlins.

Until you have ridden with great suspension, you don't know what your missing. I look forward to updating my forks.

You're not kidding. You don't even need to have great suspension, just something better than what you had previously. What a difference!

Just refreshing my SV650's shitty forks with springs & oil and changing to a GSXR 1000 shock was a world of difference. Can't wait to see what emulators in the forks will be like.

Back