Shinko 009 Raven sport-touring tire

I have a set as well, and while I probably wont run them again, but i am suprised with the wear. I don't care for the feel they give.. I have ran conti motions in the past with great success and only abouy 20 bucks more

I ran Conti Motion on my 6R for8-10K and never had one bad moment, very solid tire. I tried a set of PR2 and great tire too, but will go back to Conti Motion. The C/M are not has rounded as the PR2 and feel more stable on freeway. The PR2 have about 2500 miles on them now and they finally don't feel wobbly going strait. If I was hitting the twisties the PR2 is better, but for what I do the Conti Motion are great. Got a set for MSStore and I will put them on soon.

So 9000 miles and I will call the rear tire done. There is a mm or two in the centre before the wear bars but I want a different set of tires now. They've been great and I would get another set of tires from Shinko for sure.

I'm not sure what I will get next but I'm leaning towards a single compound Pilot Power (loved them on the FZ1) or maybe a Conti Motion

Doug/OneSizeFitsAll suggested I stretch my current tires until as late as possible so my new ones are fresh for June. I put another 1000 miles (10000 total now) on the Shinkos during my days off and will continue to put more until I have to leave for Cali

Getting new tires fitted Monday. The 009 rear will have done 11000 miles by then and have maybe another 1500 down the middle.

New rubber should be much more... exciting

The time has come to replace my rear T30 and instead of going back to a BT023 I think I will try this tire out.

I am not sure my local shop carries it, is it best for me to have them order it, or should I find it online and order one? Either way I will have to bring it to the shop to be replaced. I have never bought a tire online before.

Just find a set online and bring the set to your shop. Easy peasy. Let me see if I can find a good, cheap source for you. Be sure to give us a review!

Last edited:
I would consider changing both tires if only to keep the front and rear tire profiles the same. The 009 has a fairly 'flat' tire profile compared to the T30 and for the cost of a front + a swap, it might be worth your while to have a matching set.

I would consider changing both tires if only to keep the front and rear tire profiles the same. The 009 has a fairly 'flat' tire profile compared to the T30 and for the cost of a front + a swap, it might be worth your while to have a matching set.

For commuting I am not too concerned, I just checked my notes again and I did both the front and rear at the same time with the current T30's, so I probably have another 1000 miles or so on the front.

I now have the Front to match. So far the rear has been great, no noticeable difference from the T30 before it. So far it has been a good long distance/commuter tire. I am excited to see how long this combo can last. Rocky mtn ATV had a killer deal, I got the front delivered to my door for under $70, plus $35 for the install at the shop and new rubber up front for less than $100 total.

Figured I would check in today on the Tires to give a progress report.

Put the rear on at 83000 miles.
This morning at 89801 when I parked at work:
Rear Tire 89800.jpg

Just shy of 7000 miles so far and they look to have another 3-5k left in them.

I am quite happy with it.

Hey man, thanks for updating this thread! That is very impressive mileage so far. It really does look like you could squeeze another 5k out of them. Glad they are working for you :)

Back