She's Alive!!!

I had changed my mind about filling the floats and firing up the bike, especially after getting over 18" of snow dumped on us two days ago, but once I got downstairs this morning and felt that warm sunshine, I decided to go ahead with my previous plans. So after finishing all the wiring for the modulator lights, I decided it was time. I interrupted my son riding his mountain bike through all the snow and put him to work taking video. So after 2-1/2 months of sleep, the beast is awake! She was stubborn at first but finally succumbed to the pressure! Come on Spring! We're almost there!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWIE3S_0d4k]YouTube - FZ1 Spring Startup 2010.avi[/ame]

Ya hooo.. hang in there Bro, it's got'a come soon. I'm down here next to Charolette so theres a bit of weather difference, but the dafodills and a fiew odd plants are starting to show signs. Your not too far behind hopefully. That wasn't too bad a start really. Boy have I got this FZ of mine clean....lol....like everyone else. I like the lower lights under the faring. Been watching the progress, it's got to be about the best visability addition so far. Also getting this coat since there's no promice of warmer temps any time soon. regular $250, now a buck off @ $150, notice the neck.......thats what I'm looking at....... We'll all be waking the beasts soon

Last edited:
Nice video Billy. Aren't we all a little groggy after a long nap. Can't wait for the first ride of 2010!

One of these days I should get a webcam and start doing the Youtube thing too.

Thanks guys! She was a little stubborn at first but wound up starting just fine. I'm glad I decided to start her up. It will get my hopes up for warming weather which hopefully will get here soon. It's not too cold for me to ride, but we need some rain to wash all that salt from the roads. I hate coming home with all that "white stains" all over the bottom end of the bike. That stuff is too corrosive!

Oh man after watching that it made me want to go start mine up. Then I remembered that I don't even have the foot pegs on :( (waiting to get them powdercoated). Hopefully by the end of March we'll be riding again. One thing that's nice about FI is that I know my bike will start right up. For now the battery stays inside on the charger ;)

Congrats on getting your bike started, that's good that it started.

I bought something to keep my neck warmer in cold weather. It is like a stocking cap, you slip it over your head, it covers your head, there is a cutout for your eyes and mouth and is long enough to cover your neck. I tried it out today on a short 20 minute ride. It was a cold ride but it helped a lot. Looks like its supposed to snow again tonight :(

Last edited:
Not trying to start a GenI vs II argument or war here. For some reason had the urge to fire mine up yesterday. Must have been the balmy 36 degrees here. Just touch the magic button and Vroom! Gotta love that FI. BTW nice vid. I do miss the spring dance with my carbed bikes. Looks like most of you will be riding before me. Wisconsin is notorious for not letting winter leave early. The winter blahs seem to be taking longer this year.

Back