Shenandoah 09/25/2011

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
Heading to shenandoah's 22 turn track in WV this Sunday. Will be running the Hawk. If anyone else will be there drop me a line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today did some prep work to the Hawk for Shenandoah. On the hawk site it was recommended to run 10wt in one fork leg and 15wt in the other. There is zero adjustments on these forks so oil weight is all i can do. I also finally got the rear spring preload adjuster to move and add two positions to max. The bike feels a little stiffer now.

Looks like two others from here will be joining me for a day of fun. Hope to get some good pictures.

The track looks awesome 22 turns and a 20 degree banked 180 left hander. Oh man. Check out a you tube vid, I search "Shenandoah Trackday" good stuff.

I checked out some vids on the "tube" of the track. Either this guy on his CBR1000 had his front end set very stiff, or this track has alot of bumps in it. I saw one turn that seemed to change from asphalt to concrete. I may be wrong but there were definitely two different surfaces. I wish you guys the best and I hope there will be some videos up next week!

I dont know what forecast ur looking at and my tires have not shown up ,not looking good. I got a great idea I can ride ur bike thereby negating any possible damage to mine which works really well for me!!!

The Bt016's showed up and got them mounted I was in huge rush got both rims off the bike in 9 minutes and got to the local guys little shop where I fretted over him scratching my wheels so what do i do? I drop the front rim and mark it up and almost lost the back rim but grabbed it by the sprocket which proceeded to gash 2 of my fingers and bleed all over the place but the new skins are on the bike ready to go,now if the weather cooperates.....

yesterday we had myself,Pete and Johnny show up for the track day it was freakin awesome! I never imagined i could have that much fun with my clothes on!!! First run of the day was on a rain misted track and tires with 40 miles on them,I cant remeber riding that bad since i started riding back in 1984,then second session was a little better then by the third it all started to click.The BT016's are incredible never a slide ,slip or anything weird just full blownsticky goodness! JOTR on the hawk was whipping that little sucker for everything it was worth! I was behind him he looked like he was ready to dig his spurs into an old horse ready for the glue factory!!! GIDDYUP!!!!! But the little Hawk did amazingly good mostly due the talent and riding form of its pilot.It was great to meet Pete as well although we didnt get to ride together since he was I group and I was in the toddler group.all i can say is it trackday yet!!!!

Jeff kicked serious ass for his first ever trackday. Contiditions were ify at best in the AM but shaped up nicely for the afternoon. Once Jeff started passing people I could not stay with him. With Motorcycle Xcitement you can not pass in the corners so I struggled getting around people with the Hawk. Pete had a low side early in the morning when the track was still damp, this put a damper on his day having to fix the bike and learn the circuit. This is no easy task 22 turns in 2.1 miles, Tight to say the least. Here is a short video and some pics. Wish I had my camera to get some group shots.

Ohhh the concrete turn has 22 degrees of banking!!

Now if Pete and I can talk Jeff into going to Thunderbolt on the 15th......

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMWyqG7-Qc4]Shenandoah Sept 2011 - YouTube[/ame]

RLX_0635.jpg

RLX_1944.jpg

Back