Shaving Gen 1 Seat

BroHay

Stihl Loves Trees
I'm wanting to shave some of the material out of my seat b/c if I scoot back in it, it raises me higher, although I like the effect it has with making the bike handle quicker with the shifting of the weight, but I need to drop down in the saddle.

Anyone done this w/o going to a different seat?

Local estimates are between 80-120, having not see what has to be done, but is that reasonable?

Anyone got any info on diy?

Adam

Last edited:
it's not too bad... you remove some staples, remove the cover... and bring out your favorite electric turkey knife.... shave it to where you want it... and reassemble.....

an alternate method requires the removal of more material, but material is replaced with memory foam (available at Wal-Mart) ... then recovered and re stapled.

Can be done... if you want to retain the stock look of the seat, take the cover AND foam off and shave the foam from the underside. This keeps the top looking smooth and stock. Pull the cover tight and staple with short staples, side to side as you pull forward.

Here is your BEST tutorial with all the info you need. DIYMotorcycleSeat.com - Home Page

Back