Service Manual

bikerwayne

So I wanted a service manual. Chilton and Hayes only make an FZ1 up to 2005. The Yamaha one costs $135 Canadian, plus tax!!! Found this on E-Bay for $9.99 on CD. US shipping is free, only $2.30 to Canada. I'll let you know how it is after I get it. I e-mailed the guy and asked if it was a repair manual or a parts fiche, he assured me it was a complete repair manual. We'll see, great deal if it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a service manual copied on a CD for my 2007 V-Strom. It did have everything the actual paper manual had but the biggest problem I had with it was going back and forth from one subject or sub parts of a particular job was just too much of a hassle. Plus, trying to jot down notes as I almost always do if I find something not correct or want to make mention of a quicker way, etc, is easy on a paper manual but all but impossible on a CD.

I see your point. My manuals generally end up full of greasy finger prints for the same reason. For the cost I could print it onto 3-hole punched paper and put it in a big 3 inch binder.

Linked removed.

This is copyrighted material and it IS NOT allowed to post locations on where manual(s) may be obtained UNLESS it is from the Yamaha website direct.

Thanks.

Opps, sorry guys. I thought there were rules in place to prohibit the sale of copyright material on e-bay. I figured it was legit and was trying to be helpful.

Opps, sorry guys. I thought there were rules in place to prohibit the sale of copyright material on e-bay. I figured it was legit and was trying to be helpful.

If you find a printed one from Yamaha on sale on e-bay, that would be OK to let the guys know. We are just making sure that we don't draw the ire of Yamaha, etc. The site does not want anything to do with that. Honest mistake, no big deal.

Yamaha has stated to one of the Admins here that they do not provide or distribute electronic copies of their service manual, thus any that are discovered not in a bound printed book are therefore illegal. :(

No harm done... :D

Yamaha has stated to one of the Admins here that they do not provide or distribute electronic copies of their service manual, thus any that are discovered not in a bound printed book are therefore illegal. :(

No harm done... :D

LOL, that is the ONLY way they distribute the manuals nowadays. Until about 2006 we got the printed ones but now we only receive CDs with the manuals (not burned CDs but actual pressed CDs) or we download them directly from the service server in Japan.

Maybe Yamaha America use a different system??

Back