serious mechanical help!

Even though there slotted for a flat head?? I got them to turn a little bit. Some stiffer than others.

Oh I misunderstood. Sounds like the brass plugs have already been removed so that would more than likely mean that a jet kit has been installed as well.

Be careful turning the mixture screws. Don't bottom them out or you can damage them. Clockwise leans the mixture. I would turn them all the way in and then bring them back out 2.5-3 turns each.

How will you know ir there all the way in without bottoming them out? And also when I look at them now there all set at different elevations.

How will you know ir there all the way in without bottoming them out? And also when I look at them now there all set at different elevations.

You just have to screw them in gently one by one until they seat. You will know when they reach the bottom. Just remember that your NOT trying to tighten them down, ONLY to seat them. Once you do that, watch the screwdriver closely, or put a mark on one point of the handle of the screwdriver. Then just count the turns back out, half a turn at a time. As Tony said, 2-1/2 to 3 turns out is a good starting point. You should be totally in the ballpark at that time with the mixture settings.

well guys and girls, just got back from the dunes and she did awesome with a few concerns. here we go. when idling cylindes 1 and 2 are not firing correctly as the header tubes are not hot like three and four when it warms up. warming up though it sounds good. but, when i get it to around 2500 to 3000 rpms( this is by ear for rpm range) it comes alive! i know why u guys love the fz1!!!!! again i still have alot to do as i have pulled the motor again. to catch up, have not synced the carbs yet, running pod filters custom 2 into 1 exhaust( also tried washers in the exhaust, too much back pressure), will be checking jet sizes soon. just wasnt sure if anyone knew if one of these were the problems or if i had to pull the top end!(hopefully not) and new plugs before i went. you guys are great this is by far the best forum ive been on! thanx in advance!! and i will post some video as soon as i can but here are some pics!!!!! thanx everyone!!!!!!

Its not on youtube ny but I will soon get it on here. Fz1 riderny do you have any suggestions for me? Ha! You guys are great!! I realize great this forum is the way u guys respond quickly!!! Such crappy other ones!!!! (Quad forums that is)

Its not on youtube ny but I will soon get it on here. Fz1 riderny do you have any suggestions for me? Ha! You guys are great!! I realize great this forum is the way u guys respond quickly!!! Such crappy other ones!!!! (Quad forums that is)

I would switch the coil packs around just to see if then the two cylinders start firing and the other two run cold. Then you can rule that out or as the culprit. Also, it is important to have the carbs synched before doing all this troubleshooting so that you know that all four carbs are in balance with each other.

Back