Sell it on CL

Last edited:
yeah that is not uncommon at all there are crashed abused early 90s superbikes on mine for north of 3 grand. they never sell so its more annoying than not. then of course when a real nugget comes on i dont have a trailer or cash:(

they do it, because some sucker will buy it, or make an offer a few hundred less....
the ones that get me are when they are priced like that and say "don't lowball me man"...
yeah, because I go to CL or ebay to pay top dollar.... :doh2:

I always put stuff on CL for more than I want because I know people will dicker and lowball it. If I have an item I want $500 for, I'll put it on there for $995. If I get $500, I'm getting what I originally wanted. If someone talks me down to $650, then I've made $150 more than I expected.

When you put something out for exactly what you expect to get, unless it is a great deal, you're now stuck with people offering less than what you are willing to accept.

Price high, accept the price you "really" want!

Money talks. I've convinced many 'don't lowball me' sellers to accept my lowball offers. You show up, expose their 'well maintained' bike for what it really is, explain true market value and then show them a wad of cash. Chances are, they take it :)

The beauty of Craigslist is how free and easy it is. Love it!

For 2x the KBB value. :jaw drop: It's not just this guy either...
1995 Suzuki Rf600R
1995 Suzuki - Kelley Blue Book
and it needs work.
Some guy had a stock 06 FZ6 with 18k on listed for 4k... Umm maybe if it was highly modded or an FZ1.
97 Suzuki GSX600F Katana
1995 Suzuki - Kelley Blue Book
Needs a few hundred in new parts!
WTH people. Guess I should list my FIZ for 12k

It is very tough, at least in my neck of the woods, to find any decent car or bike less than ~$2500 , regardless what KBB says...

Hey guys. First post here.

I just picked up an '02 for 3,000 with GYTR exhaust and an Ivan's Jet kit this last month. I've been looking for 4 months. He posted friday and I had it by Monday. I knew it was a great deal and that the guy had taken care of it, so I didn't even try to negotiate price. I wish more craigslist interactions could go down like that. Both of us were happy as he sold his bike in no time for cash and I got an awesome deal.

Last edited:
I'll post it for more than I want but I won't put it up for 2x what its worth. I sold a riding mower earlier this summer put what I paid for it and put firm. It was sold in 2 hours. I sold it because every time I used it I had to fix it.

Back