Seat help please.

I went on a 230 mile ride today and before I left I thought I wanted more performance but now I know I want a better seat. My back side is raw. Any thoughts the sargent or Corbin sets would be helpful. Only thing I've heard the Corbin tends to fit really tight and sometimes latch shims to make it fit correctly.

Last edited:
I have no personal experience with after market rider seats but I heard top saddlery is really comfortable but I know it keeps you sitting at the front of the seat so for touring that would be great but personally I like a more aggressive riding position. From what I have heard sargent seats are comfortable and better for an aggressive position, I'm ordering one this week. corbins are nice but I have been told you still kinda slide into the tank like with the stock seat. I bought a corbin passenger seat and backrest and took a ride up north put 400+ miles on it in 2 days and my girlfriend says its allot better so if corbin rider seats are anything like the passenger seats they can't be bad. like you mentioned though I had to shim the latch to get it to fit but thats a 2 min fix no big deal.

I had Russell Day Long build me a seat and it's.....PERFECT! I bought the bike in Nov '09 and the middle of '10 took a 8 day/2800 mile ride. When I hit Missoula, my ass hurt so much....I stopped by a 'hog' shop (a hog and Ducati dealer!) for a gel pad, but it was too late. Once I got home, I called Russell and their seat is perfection. 400 mile days are NO issue (last year I averaged 430/day for 7 days). Give 'em a call....

I scored a top sellerie seat (including pillion) in their sales section. I looked at all the other popular options and this worked out to be the best value. For my size (180cm, 80kg) It's a perfect fit and has proven to be a massive improvement over the stock seat.
they also look great!

I've got a sport saddle, but there's an Ohlin on my bike. I had them shave the seat some as I wanted a sportier looking seat then the ones they make for touring bikes.

Yeah the OEM seat it TERRIBLE! The thing climbs right up your a$$!!!.

My bike came with a pair of Corbin's but I found the shape and the material to really bite. The family jewels were slammed into the tank every time I used the brakes. I took the saddles to a local car upholstery shop and had them reshaped (1 inch higher in the front, 1/2" lower in the back), and covered with a marine, non-slip vinyl. Once that was done my right wrist was my limiting factor. I think I did about 450 to 550 in one day.

If the "carbon fiber" leather wasn't as slick as goose poo, it probably won't have been a issue.

With the shape of the saddle I kept having to push myself back with the bars, making the "no-man's land" numb. Once the saddles were modded, no problems at all. :)

Back