Seat cowl

This is mainly for UK Forum members:

I know that Copperdawgs in the USA do a couple of seat cowls for the FZ1S, but does anyone know of a company in the UK which produces a similar seat cowl for the FZ1S Fazer?

Thanks!

I know that Copperdawgs in the USA do a couple of seat cowls for the FZ1S, but does anyone know of a company in the UK which produces a similar seat cowl for the FZ1S Fazer?

Thanks!

To the best of my knowledge no one else makes a seat cowl for the FZ1S. Yamaha offers a seat cowl (cover) that slips over the rear seat with their retro kit and it appears to be available on its own in some Asian markets. Here's a picture of it:

attachment.php

I think the stock retro cowl looks out of place after you view the Copperdog version. The copperdawg flows much nicer and gives you some much needed space beneath it. IMO

Last edited:

Thanks!
how's it goin fella. Nah unfortunately people in the UK dont seem to wanna accomodate us with seat cowls. I chose to get the seat covered in red leather so that it looks like a cowl but stil is functional for tekkin a pillion. Either way its a cheap option that looks pretty good. Just ring around local upholsterers mate and see what they can sort out for ya. here's a pic of mine anyway.

Seth

seth46-albums-my-2008-fz1-picture1108-dscf2284.jpg

how's it goin fella. Nah unfortunately people in the UK dont seem to wanna accomodate us with seat cowls. I chose to get the seat covered in red leather so that it looks like a cowl but stil is functional for tekkin a pillion. Either way its a cheap option that looks pretty good. Just ring around local upholsterers mate and see what they can sort out for ya. here's a pic of mine anyway.

Seth

seth46-albums-my-2008-fz1-picture1108-dscf2284.jpg

That looks great Seth, how about a wider angle shot to see how it looks as a whole. Great colour match by the way! Just remember red leather takes more of a beating from the sun so cover it up if you leave it outside. If you have ever had red leathers you know what I mean.

That looks great Seth, how about a wider angle shot to see how it looks as a whole. Great colour match by the way! Just remember red leather takes more of a beating from the sun so cover it up if you leave it outside. If you have ever had red leathers you know what I mean.
yeah i know what ur sayin mate. here's the bike in full fella

seth

seth46-albums-my-2008-fz1-picture1127-weeks-additions-new-coolant-hoses-renthal-black-bars-puig-black-screen-exhaust-hanger.jpg

Oldschool said:

Great colour match by the way! Just remember red leather takes more of a beating from the sun so cover it up if you leave it outside. If you have ever had red leathers you know what I mean.

Don't worry Oldschool they don't get that much sun in the UK. (Sorry Seth I couldn't resist, tounge in cheek). :stirpot:

All - Thanks for the helpful advice and links.

The Yamaha cover looks OK to me - I must admit I haven't heard of the 'retro kit' before - maybe it is something not available in the UK?

Seth, the seat pad with red leather looks really good and it does look like a cowl. This is certainly an option that I will consider. Thank you.

All - Thanks for the helpful advice and links.

The Yamaha cover looks OK to me - I must admit I haven't heard of the 'retro kit' before - maybe it is something not available in the UK?

Seth, the seat pad with red leather looks really good and it does look like a cowl. This is certainly an option that I will consider. Thank you.

Picture of retro kit below for your reference. Not sure if it's available in all markets or not. Here in the US it can be had for around $1000 and comes with all new body panels and gas tank.

Back