Search for rearsets solution

I thought so, they are way too cheap to be US made.

My LighTechs are made from 7075 Aluminium. The frame and levers have awesome build quality, it's just the heel guard that cops a beating and scuffs a bit too easily IMHO.

They are really cheap from Carpimoto.com; where I bought them from and they have fast worldwide shipping.

They are only around $340 USD for US buyers and come with free shipping; a bargain in my eyes.

Lightech Adjustable Rear Sets Yamaha FZ8/Fazer 8

well, $340 is a lot cheaper than i had figured they would be; that's inline with vortex prices. i have a lot of lightech parts on my machines, so i'm familiar with the quality (and aesthetics). i'll be seriously considering them, despite the heel guard issue, as i can always refinish it.

When I saw this last night, I thought I could just forget about it and not post my $.02 but I can't. I recently installed the Danmoto Generation 2 Rearsets on my Gen1. They make them for the Gen2 as well. (My install: theWolfTamer Chronicles: FZ1 Mod: Rearsets) You have to do minor fiddling but they work fine and are only $180 delivered in the US. I used a bolt with a plastic cap to extend the centerstand stop to clear the rearsets. They are made from 6065 like most rearsets.

So far, the Danmoto rearsets have been perfect. I have crisper shifts, can keep my knees tucked into the tank easier, and am more comfortable during the 250+ mile rides I generally take. I think they look good if not as refined as some of the more expensive ones. My guess is they work just as well. As I get used to them I think about them less. I know, you get what you pay for. With these I got more than I paid.

The ones posted above are not made in Florida, no matter what the seller says. They can be purchased direct from china on Aliexpress for about $320. ( Adjustable Rearsets For FZ1 FZ1S Fazer 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013-in Foot Rests from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group) When i was making my purchase last month, I saw some for $200 that appeared to be the same as the ebay listing ( Adjustable Rarsets Rear Sets For YAMAHA FZ1 FZ1S Fazer 2006-2013 FZ8 2010-2013 Online with $202.07on Wxtracing's Store | DHgate.com)

Sent from my MID815 using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought it was BS too.

If something is made in the US or Australia or any other first world country it is usually advertised clearly as such; as it makes an excellent selling point.

Yeah I thought it was BS too.

If something is made in the US or Australia or any other first world country it is usually advertised clearly as such; as it makes an excellent selling point.

This is true. I assume everything is made in China regardless of the business' home country because so much is nowadays. Gotta love the worldwide economy.

Sent from my MID815 using Tapatalk

I contacted Rizoma, and inquired about the material grade they use on their rearsets. sounds like the brackets are 7075, and the 'replaceable' parts are 6068. (in case anyone cares..!)

Back