Scorpion EXO-T510 Review

Thanks for this.

Do you do these reviews for Web Bike World?

If so, I noticed the Article said it is a descendant of the EXO 400. I Currently own an EXO 500 that has been great for the last 4 years, and since 5 years is the mark of time to consider a new helmet I might put this on my list. Would this be much different from the 500?

What I have noticed about my 500 is the Method for changing the visors is not very good, one really needs to monkey with the thing to get a new one on. The rubber around the bottom of the helmet started to disconnect from the helmet, the glue must not be strong enough, so I used some gorilla glue to put it back and trimmed off the excess, not super pretty, but I am a commuter and just need it to work.

The Anti-fog coating seems to deteriorate after a year or so and thus I am on my 3rd visor in 4 years. At $40 each, that is not a bad thing I guess, I just consider it wear and tear.

What I really want in my next helmet is an easy way to mount my Go-Pro on the front of the helmet instead of on top. It creates drag up top which is noticeably gone when i run without the Camera up there. I have yet to see a helmet with a flat mounting surface for a GO-Pro in front, so I am guessing I need to start looking at other mounts that do not require a flat space and can work around the front vent.

Thanks for this.

Do you do these reviews for Web Bike World?

I believe this is sponsored content

If so, I noticed the Article said it is a descendant of the EXO 400. I Currently own an EXO 500 that has been great for the last 4 years, and since 5 years is the mark of time to consider a new helmet I might put this on my list. Would this be much different from the 500?

I had the EXO-500 as well and found it to be a great helmet, especially for the money. Looking at the specs & updates to the 510, I don't know if it would be worth any significant premium if you can still get a fresh, new EXO-500 for cheap. When I bought mine years ago, it was a bargain at $170 USD.

The Anti-fog coating seems to deteriorate after a year or so and thus I am on my 3rd visor in 4 years. At $40 each, that is not a bad thing I guess, I just consider it wear and tear.

This is definitely a negative mark on Scorpion helmets. The coating is not too bad but if you are more than just a weekend warrior, you'll be replacing visors all the time, especially if you live in a wet climate. I would definitely prefer a

What I really want in my next helmet is an easy way to mount my Go-Pro on the front of the helmet instead of on top. It creates drag up top which is noticeably gone when i run without the Camera up there. I have yet to see a helmet with a flat mounting surface for a GO-Pro in front, so I am guessing I need to start looking at other mounts that do not require a flat space and can work around the front vent.

Can't help you there, sorry. Maybe loosenut has a good idea on that one

I have a scorpion EXO 1000 black with a tinted shield and I absolutely love it. I looked at other helmets around its price range (Speed and Strength, Bell, Fullmer and Icon) and the EXO had the best fit and feel versus the other companies. The other ones felt cheap to me and didn't have a good shape to the head, instead the others felt boxy. Until I can afford Arai or Shoei, it will be Scorpion for me.

I had an Arai Vector before owning two Scorpions and I have to say that I was very disappointed with the quality of the Arai. It was an entry level Arai but it still cost 3x more than the EXO-500 and it fell apart within a year and a half.

Considering that your EXO-1000 is now almost a 7 year old design, I'd say that you should look at what Scorpion offers today. I'm considering the modular EXO GT-3000 to eventually replace my Schuberth C3 (If I don't just get another C3).

Back