Scorpion EXO 1000 Users Wanted !!

I'm asking that any EXO 1000 users would be so kind as to help me out here. I'm looking to purchase one soon but am having an issue with fitment. According to the Scorpion website, the fitment chart says that I should wear a "medium". I don't think this could be right. My head measures exactly
22-3/4" (No Fat Head Jokes!), around at the temple and above the eyebrow. The Bell I wear now is an XL and is still tight on me. I'd appreciate it if maybe some of you guys that currently wear one or have worn one in the past, could tell me what size helmet you have or had, and what your head measures. At some point I will have to take the hour ride down to Cycle Gear and hope they have some there to try on but in the meantime I'd like to get an idea of fitment on this particular helmet. Thanks guys!

This is Scorpion's Fitment Chart Page...Scorpion Sports 2010 Helmet size chart

Scorpion helmets tend to run a little small... I was a XL in Icon, so when I got my Scorpion, I got XL... the first few rides, it gave me headaches because it was so tight... I quit wearing it for about a month.. then, I read online, found that I could take out and alter the cheek pads (EXO 400) ... so... I did that, and now it's the best fitting helmet I've ever had...

FWIW, I'd go try one on....

I have an EXO-400, size small. My first helmet was a GMAX, size large. I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I bought my first one and bought it way too big. On my second helmet, one of the guys at the shop I go to spent a good 20 minutes helping me pick a helmet that I should have gotten in the first place. He has about 30+ years of riding experience and stressed that you are going to spend a lot of time with this helmet, so make sure you get what fits. For me, I wouldn't try buying a helmet unless I could try it on and sounds like you are going to go try them on. I think some manufactures are better for round heads and some better for more of an oval shape. Good luck with your shopping, its fun to shop for bike stuff!

You know it Cos! It will give me a reason to get over to CycleGear again. Thats my equivalent of a woman going into Macy's! I could spend a good couple of hours just browsing. Oh well, I guess my Wednesday trip is a definite!

Definitely go try it on. That's a pretty heavy lid.
I was considering the EXO-1000 as well until I tried it on.
I own three other Scorpion lids and have loved them, but the 1000 didn't
do it for me.

YMMV...

i have the 1000 and love it. i have worn a few others and the scorpion does seem to fit a little smaller so if a XL is a little snug with other brands you may want to go with a XXL (BIG HEAD LOL) :) i had a XL in a fulmer just for something to start out with and it was just a tiny bit loose but the XL i were in the EXO-1000 is very snug. it has the air packs in it so if you have a small amount of extra room in the XXL the pump up air bags will fix that.

I'm asking that any EXO 1000 users would be so kind as to help me out here. I'm looking to purchase one soon but am having an issue with fitment. According to the Scorpion website, the fitment chart says that I should wear a "medium". I don't think this could be right. My head measures exactly
22-3/4" (No Fat Head Jokes!), around at the temple and above the eyebrow. The Bell I wear now is an XL and is still tight on me. I'd appreciate it if maybe some of you guys that currently wear one or have worn one in the past, could tell me what size helmet you have or had, and what your head measures. At some point I will have to take the hour ride down to Cycle Gear and hope they have some there to try on but in the meantime I'd like to get an idea of fitment on this particular helmet. Thanks guys!

This is Scorpion's Fitment Chart Page...Scorpion Sports 2010 Helmet size chart

Fat head jokes? I am 24.5"

i have the 1000 and love it. i have worn a few others and the scorpion does seem to fit a little smaller so if a XL is a little snug with other brands you may want to go with a XXL (BIG HEAD LOL) :) i had a XL in a fulmer just for something to start out with and it was just a tiny bit loose but the XL i were in the EXO-1000 is very snug. it has the air packs in it so if you have a small amount of extra room in the XXL the pump up air bags will fix that.

Thanks Joker! I just noticed the nice pair of Crappie in your avatar or as you southerners call them Croppy. Were you night fishing for them? Live bait or rubber grubs on a jig? I gotta get down there to fish for sure!

Thanks Joker! I just noticed the nice pair of Crappie in your avatar or as you southerners call them Croppy. Were you night fishing for them? Live bait or rubber grubs on a jig? I gotta get down there to fish for sure!

We have got them in the night W/lights or day. All have been got with live bait. I still call them crappie LOL. Lake Keowee is a great clean lake to fish in. If you ever make it down this way just let me know and we will wet a hook and go for a ride.

my exo-900 is a large and my head measures 22 1/4 inches, and its nice and snug, most bike dealers in western mass carry them, I'd call around and try one on, ya know the way helmets fit, oval, round, square heads...

my exo-900 is a large and my head measures 22 1/4 inches, and its nice and snug, most bike dealers in western mass carry them, I'd call around and try one on, ya know the way helmets fit, oval, round, square heads...

I am more oval head shape. Anyone have experience with how these fir oval?

I am going to either get one of these or the HJC IS-16. I like the price of the IS-16 and I know HJC fits my head. I like the Scorpion since it is DOT & Snell. I need a Snell for the local tracks.

Well I was considering this helmet (EXO-1000) at one point because I really like the idea of the built in sun visor. However, it's pretty heavy and not Snell 2010 compliant. I figured if I was going to get a new helmet now I might as well get one that is Snell 2010 compliant. I am eying the new Shoei RF-1100 in matte black, which can be had for a few more dollars.

Well I was considering this helmet (EXO-1000) at one point because I really like the idea of the built in sun visor. However, it's pretty heavy and not Snell 2010 compliant. I figured if I was going to get a new helmet now I might as well get one that is Snell 2010 compliant. I am eying the new Shoei RF-1100 in matte black, which can be had for a few more dollars.

What price have you seen the Shoei? Also, does it have the flip down visor?

What price have you seen the Shoei? Also, does it have the flip down visor?

I went online to look at them. It's a nice helmet but definitely out of my price range. Also for me with my real sensitive eyes, the flip-down visor is the option I like the most. I won't have to worry about coming home after dark anymore at the "bike nights" like I did before. As for the Snell rating, I have decided that I'm not going to be running the bike on the track so for me it's not an issue. The Scorpion it is!

I went online to look at them. It's a nice helmet but definitely out of my price range. Also for me with my real sensitive eyes, the flip-down visor is the option I like the most. I won't have to worry about coming home after dark anymore at the "bike nights" like I did before. As for the Snell rating, I have decided that I'm not going to be running the bike on the track so for me it's not an issue. The Scorpion it is!

Well the Snell 2010 rating really has nothing to do with running it at the track or not. It's still applicable to the street.

However, I know you want the convenience of the drop down visor and the Shoei doesn't have that. As for pricing I have seen the Shoei for only a few dollars more than the Scorpion EXO-1000 so that's shouldn't be an issue. Let me know how you like that helmet after you try it out on Wednesday.

Well the Snell 2010 rating really has nothing to do with running it at the track or not. It's still applicable to the street.

However, I know you want the convenience of the drop down visor and the Shoei doesn't have that. As for pricing I have seen the Shoei for only a few dollars more than the Scorpion EXO-1000 so that's shouldn't be an issue. Let me know how you like that helmet after you try it out on Wednesday.

No, I was speaking of Englishtown. They won't let you run now without the Snell 2010 rating on your helmet, starting this year.

When I mentioned Snell and track I meant only that the tracks in my area require a helmet with Snell certification. Any Snell certification. They will not let you on the track without it. It does not have to be 2010.

If not for that I would simply jump on the HJC IS-16 immediately.

When I mentioned Snell and track I meant only that the tracks in my area require a helmet with Snell certification. Any Snell certification. They will not let you on the track without it. It does not have to be 2010.

If not for that I would simply jump on the HJC IS-16 immediately.

I'm almost positive that when I spoke to the track official here at Englishtown at the last race, he said that it had to be Snell 2010. Maybe the rules are different from track to track.

Back