***Scale Modeler Thread***

I just made a killer buy on FleaBay! I picked this baby up for $14 Bucks! It's still brand new in the box and still sealed! I can't wait to get this and do the build. Hey, If you can't have the real one, this is the next best thing!

T2eC16NHJGE9nm3orwBQfiYf2F1g60_57_zps89e24382.jpg

Last edited:
Dude! Excellent score! Congrats! I see a new Yamaha Build Thread coming!!!! :tup:

I take it they did not have the 1:1 scale for the same price? ;)

And make sure you get some frame sliders on it right away! :D

I used to love to build models. But then I started finding the most creative ways to destroy them.... ;) Most involved some sort of black powder and home-made rockets. :tup:

And make sure you get some frame sliders on it right away! :D

I used to love to build models. But then I started finding the most creative ways to destroy them.... ;) Most involved some sort of black powder and home-made rockets. :tup:

At the high point of model making, I had just under 400. Mostly cars and planes, and a few ships tossed in. I was 14 years old and my mother was going to disown me. Every cent I got my hands on went to either a new model or equipment for painting them, paints, brushes, sprays, etc. At 16, just before I left my house for good, a friend and I had a 4th of July to remember! M-80's, Rockets, Gun Powder, Lady Fingers, and finally plain old lighter fluid. We blew up everything except for my most prized items. I left home with about 9 and continued building them until I was 20 or 21. Then life took over and I spent more time riding and doing other things. Once I saw this beauty, I said to myself that I had to try and get it. It will be nice to jump back into a fine hobby such as model building.

Awesome Billy!!! Are you gonna mod it? LOL

She's gonna be bone stock Bogie. However, I'm not going with the clear lower fairing, but will detail the engine in case I need to show it off!

Wow that's a nice score Billy! I'd love to own the real thing, but they are prohibitively expensive by now.

Man I haven't built a model in probably close to 30 years :(

The last one I built was Kenny Roberts YZOW500? I must be what not Australian to worship the King Kenny?

We have to start a thread for all the Model Makers here to show off their work. They actually had the Kenny Roberts Bike that even had him on it but I opted for this one. Throw a shot of it Blanchy so we can see!

when I was younger I've build quite a lot models from Tamiya, and there are indeed first rate and good detail...being I've built mainly military vehicles

(what's with the prices? I've sold these off when I moved houses to another hobbyist)

Back