Saw the Devil in Ohio

rollnhot

Stopped at Competition Accesories in Springfield Ohio yesterday on the Sunday ride. They had a Ducati Diavel on display. Its a winner, 150 hp @ 457 dry weight = mighty fast. Wonder how it goes against the heavys ZX14 and Busa in the quarter. Also saw the Streetfighter, almost made me want to cheat on the FZ1. Got over that on the ride home.

I'm still on the fence about this one????? I'd take a test drive though!!!

2011-Ducati-Diavel-8.jpg

They look better in person, especially the carbon fibered ones. Still not my "cup of tea". I to, would take one for a ride if the opportunity arose.

The Diavel has a weird slow speed squirrely problem according to Cycle world. They attribute it to the 240 rear tire. I personally can't stand the stupid looking giant rear tire. If you want to go drag racing, do it. Don't try and ride it on the street.

It was the black carbon model, those swing out pass. pegs are bad a$$. She aint pretty but I'd ride it like I was mad it at least once.A long as none of my buddies saw me. lol

I saw one in the flesh the other day and it looks amazing in person IMO. Definitely better than ANY other "cruiser" that I have ever seen. It also sounds the business and goes like stink, so yeah, I'd definitely buy one and ride one if I wanted a cruiser and could afford it (which I don't and I can't). Seriously, you have to see one in person to appreciate it. 162 HP and nearly 100 lb/ft of torque, not to mention some of the most advanced electronics around, don't hurt either.

I would much rather have a Vmax :)

Whaaaaaaat? That's like choosing a tractor over a Ferrari! The V-Max is better looking, I agree. But that's where it stops isn't it?

Carl Fogarty’s immediate verdict on the Ducati Diavel he picked up yesterday afternoon was that the bike is “f**king awesome”.

Four-times World Superbike champion Fogarty picked up a borrowed Ducati Diavel yesterday afternoon but had to wait until the rain stopped yesterday evening before he ventured out. He will be keeping the bike for the summer months but is already considering selling his Ducati Hypermotard and buying a Diavel instead.

He told MCN: “That’s one hell of a thing…f**king awesome! It felt so fast and was way better than I thought it was going to be just from looking at it. You see the wide rear tyre, the size of thing and then feel the riding position and your mind automatically assumes it’s not going to handle and be heavy. It’s not like that at all.

“It was a bit damp out but I felt the traction control kick in a couple of times. I’ve never experienced it working before but if it’s that good on a road bike racing must be easy these days!

I would love to try it. Looks are so subjective anyway, especially when the owner shouldn't even be looking at it anyway--they should be riding it

Last edited:
I'm looking at one tomorrow and am LOVE WITH IT! ALL the test rides have raved about it . . . in fact, Superbike Mag tester said that he had a constant smile on his face while riding it! Ducati said its the fastest bike they have ever built in the 1/4 due to the gearing. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

I love the VMAX too, but at 25 mpg and a 4 gallon tank, it's a bike that just doesn't suit my riding needs. I cannot imagine having to stop for gas every 85 - 90 miles because the indicator is screaming at me. There are many roads in the U.S. that you just couldn't travel unless you carried spare fuel with you. This "Devil" isn't whole lot better but at least the tank size will put me in the range closer to the FZ1.

Hey, 5.3 gallons is plenty! I should imagine unless you're really on it all the time, the Diavel will need to stop for fuel about the same time as a Gen 2 FZ1.

Back