Sargent Seats - Yay or Nay?

Do a search for Eddies (Dirt Road) seats.

They look 100% better and are much more comfortable than stock.

I got my seat done by him (He's in the US) and it's awesome.

If your lucky he has a stock seat available to sell to you and modify so you don't have to send him your seat.

The turn around is pretty fast so you shouldn't miss out on too much riding even if you have to send your seat to him.

The modification and nice new carbon fibre look seat cover with coloured stitching cost me $150 USD.

Last edited:
Do a search for Eddies Dirt Road seats.

They look 100% better and are much more comfortable than stock.

I got my seat done by him (He's in the US) and it's awesome.

If your lucky he has a stock seat available to sell to you and modify so you don't have to send him your seat.

The turn around is pretty fast so you shouldn't miss out on too much riding even if you have to send your seat to him.

The modification and nice new carbon fibre look seat cover with coloured stitching cost me $150 USD.

Got a picture for us?

Thanks for posting the link to FZ1OA, I'm on my phone so it was a bit difficult.

Sent from my GT-I9300

No problem. Happy to help, i know that link was the deciding factor for me. So many positive reviews and pictures of his work let me know I was making the right decision.

Hint: I know the "search" feature doesn't like to cooperate from your phone, but if you select it and get the drop down box you can select "advance search" that one will work on your phone. This goes for both of the FZ1 sights.

I have a Sargent and it is okay for around town. I wouldn't tour with it, too hard. I definitely would not pay $400 either. Forget Corbin too. Go with the Dirt Road.

I hear this quite often but I've loved every Corbin I have ever tried. I'm curious why you don't like them because they are the bomb for me.

I'm good with my Corbin for several hundred miles. It's a very firm foam, but after about 50 miles I start to sink into it and I find it spreads your weight quite evenly over all the seat. It leaves plenty of room to move around in all directions and makes for easy 'hang-offs' if you're into that.

I've been riding on the Top Sellerie seat with the gel for the last half of the riding season and been happy with it too. It locks you in place and doesn't allow much room to move around, but it's comfortable.

Also depends how much weight you are carrying.
I am fairly lean & have tried both the Corbin & the Top Sellerie & my tail bone digs in after about 300 kms & is quite uncomfortable.
After my recent 5K trip, I hoped I would settle into the TS, but no luck. I will be investing in one of Eddie's seats next...lots of positive feedback.

Left out the most important bit...every person is different & so to will be their ideal seat.
Ask around & see if you can trial different seats from other members...may help you make a more informed decision.

Also depends how much weight you are carrying.
I am fairly lean & have tried both the Corbin & the Top Sellerie & my tail bone digs in after about 300 kms & is quite uncomfortable.
After my recent 5K trip, I hoped I would settle into the TS, but no luck. I will be investing in one of Eddie's seats next...lots of positive feedback.

I was about the order a TS seat, but now I may wait.

I HATED my corbin, more comfy on stock and I have the exact same issue with tail bone digging in with either seat. I ride aggressively where I am into the tank most of the time.

Very curious as to your review with Eddies seat. If you like it that may be the one I need to go with.

+1 Corbins suck-hard as a rock.

I bought only the front seat from Sargent. Liked it as it's a deeper dish that kept Big Jim and the Twins off the gas tank. Looked as good as new after 10k miles.

I like that they do not use you original seat pan, that way you can sell the Sargent if you don't like it or if you sell the bike you can put the stock seat back on and sell get some money back for the Sargent when you sell it apart from the bike

I have liked Corbins in the past, but the one for the FZ1 is not the same. Sargent is fine for around town, but I have been wanting a Dirt Road for some time and should have went with one originally.

I don't get the Top Sellerie seat design.
I love to move around on the seat when cornering and I couldn't stand being held in place by the raised rear of the seat.
I suppose it's ok if you like cruising around?

Sent from my GT-I9300

Love the Corbin

Not sure how this will translate from the gen2 but I have had both the Sargent and Corbin for my gen1. They are pretty close in cushioning, a little on the firm side. The biggest difference for me is the width, Sargent is a bit narrower and the Corbin a bit wider. I am 225 lbs and never been accused of having a small a$$ so the wider Corbin fits me much better!

Getting a Russell Day-Long.

I took the stock board off and have been using the Yamaha Gel seat. A lot better but not a 300+ mile type seat. It's hard and forces me toward the fuel tank. I sent my seat to Russell Day-Long Seats to have one made up. They have a touring seat and a sport seat. You might also check out Bill Mayer Seats (he used to be associated with Russell I think). There's a pictures of one on both Gen I & II. You might as well have a couple of seats depending on what you're doing that particular day. Remember you have only one ass and its' got to last you a lifetime, take good care of it!

Back