Sad Day Today

I finally deleted my FZ1OA bookmark from my computer. Held out hope. I learned a lot there. It had a great run, but in the end didn't last as long as my Gen 1. (s)

Long live IFZ1OF or if you prefer FZ1 998. Thanks for having me.

Yep, did the same thing a week ago. Ed Harp, who I knew very well, ran the the site. "Rabeet" was the name he used. Running the site was just too time consuming, and expensive I guess. I don't think he had ridden a bike in years. Use to see him at the west coast mini gathers. So, things change. As I get older, I have get use to those changes. So be it.

Yes, great to be back on a FZ1 site. I do appreciate being able to do so here. Thank you.

You all have a great day.

Adios

Not active or recently logged on, sad to see that place gone. Great people preceding any social media sites with plenty of world changing problem solving discussions even including FZ-1's at times. Worldwide membership. War room. Adult Swim. Ed and Eric did such an awesome job.... I met so many great friends there, saved my life in 2003-2004 when I bought the bike. The rallies were fabulous fun.... good old day syndrome off.

The world has changed gentlemen, I will always remember the family OA feeling you got there and hope I brought some to others too.

I still ride, DFW has swollen to 8 million and I've been through 7 bikes since the FZ was murdered by Bambi in Arkansas. Riding here sucks.

Be good boys.....

Not active or recently logged on, sad to see that place gone. Great people preceding any social media sites with plenty of world changing problem solving discussions even including FZ-1's at times. Worldwide membership. War room. Adult Swim. Ed and Eric did such an awesome job.... I met so many great friends there, saved my life in 2003-2004 when I bought the bike. The rallies were fabulous fun.... good old day syndrome off.

The world has changed gentlemen, I will always remember the family OA feeling you got there and hope I brought some to others too.

I still ride, DFW has swollen to 8 million and I've been through 7 bikes since the FZ was murdered by Bambi in Arkansas. Riding here sucks.

Be good boys.....
Welcome to the board! I did my 9 years in Houston, and escaped to S Central Kentucky. The riding is nice here (but we do have a lot of Bambi's). I did make the last two East Coast Rallies at the Gap and Suches. I have to say, I miss chasing you and Fitty through the curves. That has been quite a while. There should be another spring East Coast rally as well. Right now, it's looking like June 14-16. Not sure if it's Suches or the Gap. Regardless, you're always welcome out here.

Be good boys.....

Hotboot,

Good to hear from you. All the Admins at OA were cool but Eric (Desmo) was my favorite. He was a good Shepherd to the flock.

I'm relatively new here but glad to see a site still talking about these amazing legacy machines, and welcome to any recent immigrants from other FZ1 sites that may have faded. Ride safe and have fun!

Just tried getting on and couldn't. It is sad. Even though I sold my FZ1 earlier this year I always thought I would visit the site from time to time as it was an awesome place with good resources. As the saying goes "All good things must come to an end"

Back