Rough idle

So i put almost a full tank of 110 race gas in my 2001 fz1 to clean out the carbs a bit and it seems to idle rough now, not sure if this is the cause or not, did i fry the plugs? Also had it in the shop cuz i punched a hole in the oil cooler when i used a screwdriver to remove the oil filter :banghead: The shop overfilled my oil, also they used 10w40, is this okay?

sounds like a string of misfortunate events, I'd remove some of the oil, previous threads have talked about the pressure getting to be too high in the system and causing leaks or burning out the oil pump.

Run a can of sea foam, about a quarter of can each tank for 4 tanks and see what happens.

The FZ1 engine isn't designed for high octane fuels. Fill her up with regular to dilute the race gas & you'll probably find the problem will go away.

I drained some of the oil and filled up with 93 premium and it still has a rough idle, i will run that seafoam though and probably change the plugs just to see if it helps

oil cooler seemed to be making noise too so i took it to the shop, asked him about the idle too and he said it was fine since it was only fluctuating 100-200 rpms but i'm not so sure, still sounds worse than before the race gas and oil cooler.

Back