Rotor Bolt

bvagis

Does anyone have a spare front rotor bolt laying around that they don't need? I was replacing my front rotor, when the head snapped off of it. My guess is that it was cross threaded. Now I will need to drill it out, and use a helicoil to replace it.

I had to replace my FJR rotors and those bolts are in TIGHT! I have some spare bolts (don't know if the same) but it would most likely cost more to ship a few than to just buy some from a dealer.
Heat is your friend when it comes to removing the rotor bolts.

:ditto::+1:

I just stripped a rotor bolt myself last night. Since I also am putting bearings on the new wheel, I just set my tools aside and took the wheels to a shop to get them out for me.

Yes, after doing a bit of researching, it seems that shipping will cost more than the bolt itself. I am going to go to my local bike shop and see if they have any. Thanks for the help!

:ditto::+1:

I just stripped a rotor bolt myself last night. Since I also am putting bearings on the new wheel, I just set my tools aside and took the wheels to a shop to get them out for me.

Yep same here and they had a hard time getting them out.They ended up grinding a slot in the bolt head so they could use a large screwdriver to get them loose with heat.

Yes, after doing a bit of researching, it seems that shipping will cost more than the bolt itself. I am going to go to my local bike shop and see if they have any. Thanks for the help!

Good luck. None of the dealers in Fort Worth have them in stock. I was so hoping to be out riding this weekend, but its gonna be another week.

Yep same here and they had a hard time getting them out.They ended up grinding a slot in the bolt head so they could use a large screwdriver to get them loose with heat.

I have actually done the same thing before, except I wound up loosening the bolt with an impact driver. I honestly just really don't feel like taking the time right now or I would have done it again. Oh well, I am taking them the new bearings also since everything I read indicates they are a real pain to take out and put back in.

Back