Rossi's new ride

I'm really surprised how fast Stoner is straight away! I think Rossi has a lot of work to do and it's going to be exciting to see how he helps develop the bike with Jerry Burgess

I'll be impressed if he can dominate on a Duc the way he did on a Yamaha. I'm going to stick with the team and not the driver though. Go Yamaha!!! :tup:

I'll be impressed if he can dominate on a Duc the way he did on a Yamaha. I'm going to stick with the team and not the driver though. Go Yamaha!!! :tup:

If what he did for Yamaha is any indication, I imagine Ducati will be even better than ever. If I remember correctly, Yamaha was about mid pack when Rossi joined up and it didn't take long to get him a world championship

Man I wish he was still on the Yamaha. Still going to cheer him on though, he's got alot to prove, especially when it comes to his rivalry with Stoner who just departed the team. We shall see. As pointed out above, if anyone can do it, it's him. He walked away from the fastest bike (honda) to dominate on a slower yamaha. I'm sure he likes having Nicky as a teammate. I guess if he can keep the front wheel from tucking he'll do just fine.

Last edited:
Not too long ago, Yamaha couldn't win a race, never mind a season. If it wasn't for Rossi and Jeremy Burgess's development of the bike, it wouldn't even be competitive and Jorge would be in a Honda satellite team !

The Duke's already won races. If Rossi gets on with it he could be unstoppable. :eek:

1. Jorge Lorenzo ESP Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 32.012s (48 laps)
2. Casey Stoner AUS HRC 1m 32.775s (44)
3. Ben Spies USA Yamaha Factory Racing 1m 32.878s (42)
4. Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda Team 1m 32.912s (35)
5. Marco Simoncelli ITA San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 32.919s (59)
6. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 1m 33.190s (50)
7. Colin Edwards USA Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 33.513s (49)
8. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 1m 33.558s (54)
9. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.716s (54)
10. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 1m 33.882s (56)
11. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing 1m 33.914s (54)
12. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 1m 33.953s (67)
13. Hector Barbera ESP Paginas Amarillas Aspar 1m 34.110s (76)
14. Cal Crutchlow GBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 1m 34.314s (59)
15. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing 1m 34.631s (71)
16. Toni Elias ESP LCR Honda MotoGP 1m 35.058s (60)
17. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 1m 35.076s (49)

Stoner is already the fastest Honda rider on the first day on an unfamiliar bike.
2011 is going to be real interesting to say the least with so many good riders on factory bikes.

Simoncelli has really been on the pounce. More than a few full-factory rides going slower than him, and he's up in the .32's with the fastest guys.

Why is Capirossi still in Motogp?. Stoner looks very good on the Honda, i hope he can keep in upright?= F*ck his missus is sexy.

Just me or ?

He seemed a bit nervious as he got on the Duck and took off, as though he hadn't had too many hours on this steed. Sure, he could still blow all our socks off, but the 'fluid' didn't seem there YET. What a wild bike...... almost sounded like a two stroke at first upon takeoff. Well let's see what Yamaha is offering for this next season :) and compare notes. Great post Mono!

Why is Capirossi still in Motogp?. Stoner looks very good on the Honda, i hope he can keep in upright?= F*ck his missus is sexy.

Thats a question I ask as well, I think maybe he has just about given up? And Casey's woman sure gives me a "stoner" I must say, lol... I had a strong feeling he would take to the Honda fast. Look back a few years ago, They changed the bike to suit the smaller guys like Pedrosa, and Hayden suffered as a result. It also seems like the most "point-and-shoot" bike out there (imho) and that should fit Stoner well.

Rossi is still hurting, and I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is push too hard on an unfamiliar bike and re-injure himself. Out of the corners it does sound like a two-stroke comming into the powerband. Been to Indy twice and it has a very distinct note, like the power is breaking up when getting back on the gas (electronics I'm sure). I wonder if they will let Rossi wear all of his usual flashy graphics, wouldn't be the same if he looked too conformist.

For what its worth?, jumping on a Honda is going to be easier than a Ducati first up. I am sure Rossi would be up the sharp end if he was on a Honda. I have a feeling Ducati, Jerry Burgess + team will roll something special out for next year. Rossi is a guy that loves challenges & has the race craft that can give the bike that 5% extra that is'nt there. The biggest problem with the M1 was top speed, if Rossi can get the Duc to corner than hes in the same ball-park with Stoner & that homo Lorenzo.

And its not all down to the bikes performance and the fastest qualifying times. How many times has Rossi qualified badly and got into peoples psychology or ribs before and during the race.

He understands the personalities. He upsets Casey into moaning (sorry Aussies) and knows Jorge doesn't like the physical, so gives him a nudge. There's more to this game than pole position. Next season is going to be fascinating. Wish there were more bikes/riders contesting though. Be interesting to see how Nicky and Rossi get on.

Early days yet, but even the Zook is quicker than Rossi.. Hayden is ahead of his team mate.. Stonahhhhhhh is on song!!!!

I reckon Spies will be one to look out for on board the factory bike..

ps. STONER, FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spies and Simo' making it interesting, those are two very hungry cats! One thing I think may very well happen at least once is an all HRC podium, what a team that is!

I'd really like to see Edwards get it together and make some top 5's more often. The guy can ride, just look at how he qualifies. For some reason he peters-out on the starts and just fades. Those Tech3 Yammies are the coolest looking bikes, hands down :Rockon:

Early days yet, but even the Zook is quicker than Rossi.. Hayden is ahead of his team mate.. Stonahhhhhhh is on song!!!!

I reckon Spies will be one to look out for on board the factory bike..

ps. STONER, FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In an ideal world one of the b-group riders would crack the 4 aliens stronghold, but i think this is wishfull thinking.

Well, it sounds a bit partisan, but keep an eye on Cal Crutchlow on that Tech 3 Yam. Don't know if you watched him in 600 Supersports last year and WSB this year, but he is one mental rider. Very funny personality too.

As we've all watched Rossi for years, it is easy to see he's riding very gingerly. I think given his accomplishments through the years, he's the only one with nothing at all to prove, but he will.

I'm kind of a rider fan more than a manufacturer fan. I love the Repsol Hondas, and will always root for Hayden and Rossi. I guess starting on an XR80 sticks in my head, as well as Hayden and Rossi winning titles on the Hondas.

I just think seeing Rossi win a championship with an Italian manufacturer would be the coolest thing in MotoGP. I simply wish it was with MV Agusta instead of Ducati. I'll take whatever gets him there, though.

I'll say that Spies has TOTALLY won me over after moving from Suzuki in the AMA to Yamaha at higher levels. I'm rooting for him big time. I have to have someone from the USA to root for these days, and I know Edwards is very good, but I think his time has passed. I worry if Nicky will ever get it back, but I feel Ben is going to win a title in time.

All this speculation of mine aside, I think next year will be fairly boring as Lorenzo will be on the same bike and easily retain his title while others work to develop on their new rides. I hope I'm wrong, and Stoner's time on the Honda is impressive.

I agree totally with the previous post about Rossi recreating the entire Yamaha team, and if he had returned to the Honda he might be ready to go right out of the box, but even riding the Yamaha, Honda, and Ducati streetbikes on the road it's easy to see how different each manufacturer takes on the same task. I can only imagine (and dream) what those differences translate to when riding their top tier MotoGP entries.

Go Rossi, Go Spies, and come on back, Nicky!

im so torn between yamaha and rossi.. all my bike has been yamaha and followed rossi since he began.. luckily i have a spare favourite- ben spies coincidently moved to yamaha.. not much of lorenzo fan..

hmmmm... now shud i get a duc to follow rossi.........? :teeter:

Back