Rossi and Yamaha

Looks like God is also affected by Ducati front end syndrome.
12th in qualifying is unheard of for him in previous years.

He also started off bad 2 years ago with Yamaha. I think he is sorting out the bike. For some reason unbeknownst to me, I think, he must need a certain feel to be comfortable.

To watch God fall today, : oops:IMHO, was simply further proof of his size 12 balls. Coming from 12th place and prior to the 3rd lap, he is making his move into 2nd place passing on the inside, again, when he looses the front and takes out Stoner (a real shame, but that's racing)

Stoner, unfortunately, couldn't continue but Rossi went on to finish 5th, a truly remarkable finish --- Godlike! : owned:

Of course, Lorenzo won by default, not to take anything away from him.:smokin2:

It was a great race and always amazes me how these guys can push like that in the rain. I was excited to see 3 Americans in the top 6 for a long time.

The race truly separated the men from the boys and in that field ---- that is hard to do.

Valentino Rossi’s arrival at Yamaha in 2004 was the start of a new era, both in the Italian rider’s career and the Japanese factory’s MotoGP history. Winning his first race on board the M1 at Welkom, Rossi confounded the critics who doubted his ability to transfer his success across from Honda and went on to secure the World Championship title that year.

Three further titles followed – in 2005, 2008 and 2009 – as Rossi underlined his status as one of the sport’s modern greats, and a stream of highlights were delivered along the way as a formidable force in MotoGP continued to enjoy great success amassing 46 race victories along the way.

With the end of the 2010 season came the beginning of a change as Rossi prepared to make the switch to Ducati for 2011, and in the attached motogp.com video the 31 year-old’s finest moments on the M1 are compiled, from his first kiss following victory at Welkom in 2004 to his farewell to the bike at Valencia in the final round of the 2010 campaign.

Review the highlights of the Rossi-Yamaha years and enjoy the most recent chapter in the nine-time World Champion’s illustrious career, before a new episode gets underway with Ducati…

So far the "new episode" at Ducati is a horror movie.
Rossi is looking a lot like yesterdays hero these days.
Ducati have massive problems with their new bike, apparently the 1000cc GP12 lapped slower than the 800cc Honda and Yamaha's at Mugello.

It's starting to look like he is the new Capirossi (this is his last year I've heard), someone with a good deal of success in the past, now slowly fading into the back of the pack on a Ducati. I remember last year when Rossi was giving Stoner hell in the press, saying he didn't try hard enough or ride the Ducati properly... Stoner fired back with something along the lines of "just wait until he's on the bike next year, then what will his excuse be?". Looks like those words were pretty much spot-on. FWIW, I am definitely as Rossi fan, I would rather root for him than Stoner. But it is very apparent that it takes a near super-hero like performance to make the Ducati work even reasonably well. I fully believe that if Rossi was on a different bike, he would be doing better. Stoner is in heaven, the bike just looks like it flows so much better, it's a perfect fit.

Back to something referenced by the OP.... why not put Rossi on Tech 3?!?!?!?

I'm certain that they couldn't cough up the paycheck Ducati does, but I think that it would be awesome if he was on a Yamaha again, being team-mates with Edwards again. I believe that he would be doing better. Or put him on Suzuki and get Pepsi to be a sponsor again :D.

So far the "new episode" at Ducati is a horror movie.
Rossi is looking a lot like yesterdays hero these days.
Ducati have massive problems with their new bike, apparently the 1000cc GP12 lapped slower than the 800cc Honda and Yamaha's at Mugello.

Have any of the other Manufactures tested their 1000's yet? I would imagine that these bikes might possibly be a touch slower until they are fully-developed :confused0024:...

EDIT- I found the Stoner clip on the 1000.

Last edited:
Back