Rizoma Sportline throttle grip question

I just fit a set of Rizoma Sportline grips and I have a question about the throttle side.
I have a 2010 FZ1N and the throttle cable housing/enclosure was dry when I pulled it apart, should I have lubricated the housing with something before I put it back together again?
The action is pretty smooth and it doesn't bind.....yet.
If so, what can I use to lubricate inside the throttle cable housing/enclosure?

According to the manual, lithium-soap-based-grease. I would imagine you can get it at just about any auto parts store. Manuals come in handy once in a while

According to the manual, lithium-soap-based-grease. I would imagine you can get it at just about any auto parts store. Manuals come in handy once in a while

Ah yes, the old FZ1 manual. When all else fails, read the manual :)
I shall purchase a can of lithium grease spray from the local auto store.

Here ya go. The install was pretty straight forward. I didn't end up lubricating inside the throttle cable housing as it didn't really need it.
I love the position of the grips and the extra width, you can really crank the bike over faster with the added leverage.
One tip, use grease on the riser bolts, trust me on that one ;)
I didn't drill any holes in the bars and I dremeled the nubs in the switch gear and throttle off. I used black electrical tape under them and nothing moves.

DSC00420.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

Last edited:
Back