Rizoma Riser and Handlebar vs Stock Height

I am the proud new owner of an 08 FZ1 and am working on dialing in the fit. I've been browsing the forum via the search function and trying to get up to speed on all of my handlebar/ riser options and how they'll effect my position.

My FZ has the stock handlebar and risers, but I've spent some time on another FZ with Rizoma risers and Universal bar and I really like the position, and to me, the stock position is too upright for what I'm looking for.

My question is: If I were to get the 42mm risers and Universal bar, roughly how much would that lower my postion, and would I have any clearance issues with this set up? I do understand that the stock bar is flat and the Rizoma has some rise/ sweep to it, but I much prefer the look and feel of the Rizoma over the flat stock bar.

Also, any recommendations on where to find these items would be much appreciated!

Sorry for the noob questions! Thanks in advance!

I've got a set of BMW Machine bars, which put you forward about 1.5" and slightly lower that have been used VERY little.....and there for sale. Ya want 'em? Google 'em/do a search here and you can see what they look like.

The 6R has offset bar riser. Meaning you can loose them up and spin the 180 deg. That move the bar forward about 1". Something you can do the the FZ1?

I decided to go with some Rizoma 32mm Conical Handlebar Risers and a Rizoma MA005 Low Rise handlebar and am very pleased with the look and feel of the new set up.

I purchased them from PJ's Parts and PJ was very helpful and delivery was quick.

Thanks for the help!

Installation?

Hi,

Been thinking about the same mod and wanted to ask that did you need to do any modifications to the original parts or could you fit all stock wiring etc woth the new handlebar?

I decided to go with some Rizoma 32mm Conical Handlebar Risers and a Rizoma MA005 Low Rise handlebar and am very pleased with the look and feel of the new set up.

I purchased them from PJ's Parts and PJ was very helpful and delivery was quick.

i can use the risers off a sv650 cant I? and use the same bars?

Back