Rizoma Rearsets - Installed!

First off these things are like jewels; I think I got excited when I open the box! I got home early and the wife had other things in mind and I said, "NO! We HAVE to install the rearsets, NOOOOOOWWWW!!!" And y'all think I'm kidding...

These are amazing, the machining is perfect, anodization is flawless, and they look freakin' trick. The install was easy. Drinking a nice cool 24oz Fat Tire, BS'ing with the wife, and several trips to get tools this took maybe 45 to 60 minutes. Everything was pre-assembled so it was plug and play. The only difficult part was drilling the head off of the screw that held the rear brake switch onto the OEM rearset. Setting up the lever and toe-peg positions was very easy and took only a couple tries to dial in. I left the overall position of the rearsets as they arrived in the box.

The performance is wonderful. The shifting is crisp, much more positive than stock. I like the position of my lower body because not only are my feet back about 2 inches, and up maybe 3/4's of an inch, but my hips are rotated forward a little. Once I get my Converti's the whole thing should come together nicely, and sit up and beg will be a thing of the past.

View attachment 2750

View attachment 2751

View attachment 2752

Last edited:
The Rizoma stuff is very trick- italian made. The rearsets look very nice and i bet they work as good as they look.

Thanks very much guys. I rode into work this morning and I'm even more impressed with the improvement in the shifting. It just goes into the next gear so nicely. I think the majority of the improvement is because these are solid mounted, where as the stock ones are rubber mounted.

One thing I'm considering it using a narrower mounting spacers. The ones that come with the kit are somewhat thick (thicker than I expected) and the rearsets are spaced wider than I expected. My 1125R is a much narrower bike (V2 vs. I4) and the FZ feels thicker to me. With a thinner spacer I think the rearsets will move in about 3/16" to 1/4" inch on each side. Not a huge change but the net effect could be 1/2".

Yes I can be obsessive about my stuff. LOL! :eek:

Last edited:
just make sure that the spacer does not put the centerstand in contact with any of the moving parts.

I have Gilles, and all the way up/back, had to fab a spacer for the rubber mount on the exhaust to "stand off" so it would not interfere with shifting.

maybe they are that thick for a reason????

still awaiting the report for the v-roc......:tup:

Those Italians are great at building beautiful functional gear...those are sweet, I may have to consider them once I get everything else done.

Note: the above comment has no bearing on the fact that 100% Italian blood and only 2nd gen American. :nana:

Thanks very much guys. I rode into work this morning and I'm even more impressed with the improvement in the shifting. It just goes into the next gear so nicely. I think the majority of the improvement is because these are solid mounted, where as the stock ones are rubber mounted.

I agree with you on this one. Doing the "washer mod" on my stock pegs improved the shifting since it cut down so much on the flexing.

just make sure that the spacer does not put the centerstand in contact with any of the moving parts.

I have Gilles, and all the way up/back, had to fab a spacer for the rubber mount on the exhaust to "stand off" so it would not interfere with shifting.

maybe they are that thick for a reason????

still awaiting the report for the v-roc......:tup:

There is a separate bolt on tab that acts as the stop for the C-stand. I assume is came with the Akra.

I looked closer at the spacer and is can be made thinner. I'll simply get some washers an stack them.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of awesome stuff I just have to have every time I get a new bike.Why dont they just make them with all the mods from the get go.

Back