Rizoma Drag Bars

Has anyone got Rizoma Drag bars?

I'm thinking of making the bike a bit more sporty.

I currently have Rizoma MA005B Conical bars with 60mm risers which gives a slightly higher than stock position.

The Drag bars should make the riding position more forward and lower.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

Has anyone got Rizoma Drag bars?

I'm thinking of making the bike a bit more sporty.

I currently have Rizoma MA005B Conical bars with 60mm risers which gives a slightly higher than stock position.

The Drag bars should make the riding position more forward and lower.

If you end up getting these bars on please post pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They won't fit, I measured the width of my risers and they are 129mm wide, the maximum mounting width of the Drag Bars is 125mm.
I also sent an email to Rizoma and they confirmed it.
Looks like my only option is to buy lower 42mm risers and offset them towards the front of the bike.
I'm not too sure if the difference will be enough to get what I was after.

Not one to give up easily, I did a bit of research today.

I found a picture of a Triumph Speed Triple which shares the same 100mm risers hole spacing as the Gen 2 FZ1.

I think it's just do-able, you can see from the pics that he had to angle the risers slightly to get them to fit (they are not perfectly parallel to each other but close enough.

Ok, so I picked up the last black Rizoma MA015 Drag bars that Bikebiz had this afternoon as I had a couple of spare hours to fit them.

I have 60mm Rizioma risers and I set the offset forward.

It turned out better than expected, the bars fit fine with a bit of mucking around due to restriction on the throttle cables at full left lock.

I'm running a R1 front MC and the banjo bolts touch the throttle cables when you try to rotate them lower. It wouldn't be an issue with the stock FZ1 MC

I reached an ok medium but would like to lower the brake lever a bit more. I'll take the bike for a ride and see how it goes.

I left the bars the same length they came, so I may cut them down a bit at a later date to give the throttle cables a bit more room.

I think they look great and can't wait to hit the twisties.

My next decision is which mirrors to use, I'm thinking my CRG Arrow Bar end mirrors might be the go but I like a bit of room to lane filter so we'll see.

Last edited:
I really like what you've done with your bike as a whole. The colour scheme and the trick parts look fantastic. Definitely do post up some more photos! :)

Last edited:
Ok, as I've had a couple of requests and I don't need much of an excuse to show my baby off, here are a couple of pics.

I decided on using my CRG Arrow bar end mirrors and I reckon it looks pretty awesome.

It's super wide though but that's probably a good thing as I've been filtering in places I probably shouldn't be.

Oh and I sorted my throttle cable binding issues out too. The cables were way too tight, so I backed them off a little at the cable adjuster near the throttle. It snaps back quickly now and there's still no play in them.

9db2eb45aa8cb241bb27b3e44b0ac9a4.jpg

be4a4ffd8e88d8e08cc17c585eaf184d.jpg

So how do you like the new bars has it changed the riding position and comfort level much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The riding position is more forward and lower but not sportsbike low and is still fairly comfortable.

My arms are wider apart and I'm not sure if I like it or don't so I'll wait before making any decisions on cutting the bars.

The bike feels better dropping into corners, especially on slow corners where I can now feel what the front is doing. It was a bit vague before being so upright.

I need to adjust the angle of my clutch lever as I was getting a bit of pain pulling it in while in traffic but that's a minor thing.

I'll report back once I get the bike to my favorite twisties which I can't wait to do.

So in summary, so far so good.

Back