Rizoma bar and riser install

I'm going to be installing these next week.

uploadfromtaptalk1432262895917.jpg

They are 42mm risers and ma005 bars. I think I'm going to cut at least an inch off each end cause they seem very wide and I'm going to be tapping the ends with a m16 x 1.5 tap to accept the stock barends. I was wondering if anyone who has done this has any tips or advice for drilling for the controls or tapping the ends. I want this to go as smoothly as possible. I'm having some friends in maintenence at my work tap them on the mill for me because I don't want to screw it up.

I cut 1/2 inch off. Line them up with your original bar to mark the holes for the throttle grip etc and where to cut. If you use the OEM bar ends you can cut at the same length, if you decide to go for another bar end, leave them slightly longer as the OEM bar ends recess under the grips (pull them off and you will see what I mean).

I cut 1/2 inch off. Line them up with your original bar to mark the holes for the throttle grip etc and where to cut. If you use the OEM bar ends you can cut at the same length, if you decide to go for another bar end, leave them slightly longer as the OEM bar ends recess under the grips (pull them off and you will see what I mean).

Which barends did you use? Also did you center punch the spots you wanted to drill to keep the bit from walking?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I used rizoma bar ends. I cut a 16mm bolt and tapped the bars to match. Then drilled and tapped the bolt and screwed the bar ends to that. I didn't like the expanding rubber they came with.

Yes I punched before drilling. Always do.

Back