Rim Stripes

Okay I am done with the front wheel! I gotta say that it took one side to get used to applying the stripe and I will probably order another set to redo the first side. The second side came out perfect so of course thats the side I was taking pictures of. I cleaned the rim with cleaner first, then removed the spacers one side at a time and cleaned them as well. I ran an alcohol wipe around the rim where the stripe was going to go and was ready for application. I used my thumb as a guide and kept the stripe even with the bottom edge and made sure that the end of the stripe was at 90 degrees with the rim. I went along slowly keeping the pressure on my thumb and lining up the stripe as I went along. I cut each stripe from the main sheet so it was possible to pull the backing off as I went along. I would stop every four or five inches and pressed the stripe down with my thumb. Go easy so as to not get air bubbles under the stripe. If you do get a small bubble and it's toward the center of the stripe, just use a new single edge razor and make a small incision and press the air out. After each stripe was done, I used an old tee shirt to press it down before moving on to the next piece. I can't wait to get to the rear wheel. Hopefully the snow will be outta here by tomorrow so I can go down and remove it. I am super happy with both the quality and fit of these stripes. They were definitely worth the extra few dollars. Here's the pics, enjoy! Billy.

dcp_4323.jpg

dcp_4325.jpg

dcp_4326.jpg

dcp_4327.jpg

dcp_4328.jpg

dcp_4329.jpg

dcp_4331.jpg

dcp_4333.jpg

Here you go pal. Just hit the link and check them out. It's a really excellent product. I am very happy with them. I only wish it would warm up a little since I need to go back down and install the front wheel and remove the rear to bring it upstairs. I know people have applied them while still on the bike but if you can pull the wheel it will make it so much easier. Not to mention that you can clean and grease the bearings and axles while your at it and kill two birds with one stone. The seller's name is Bill. He's a great guy and very easy to work with. Just tell him that "Billy" sent you. Let me know how it goes.

Items for Sale by dunstangraffix

Well, I am right on schedule. I installed the front wheel and removed the rear and brought it upstairs with me. I have it in front of the radiator getting it up to room temperature. Sorry, but I forgot the camera upstairs so didn't get any pics of the install. I will make sure to have it with me tomorrow when I go to install the rear. The front looks great however and I am very pleased with the kit. I'll be back later on.

It's almost 10pm and I just finished the rear. I would have gotten done sooner but I was juggling a computer repair job and the rim stripes at the same time. I removed the sprocket and scrubbed it clean as well as everything else on the wheel. I will have it installed by tomorrow mid-morning some time. I think the wheel looks great. Here are some pics. Tomorrow I will make sure to take the camera with me in order to get some pics of the complete bike. Have a great night. Billy.

dcp_4335.jpg

dcp_4336.jpg

dcp_4337.jpg

dcp_4339.jpg

Well, I am done! It's 1:00pm and the wheels are back on and the bike cleaned up. While I had the rear off I cleaned the swingarm thoroughly as well as the shock area. I think the bike looks much nicer with the stripe kit. Here are some pics.....

dcp_4342.jpg

dcp_4343.jpg

dcp_4345.jpg

On to the next thing.........

Thanks Stonesie, I really dig the way it looks now. I liked it so much I just had to take her out for a nice ride. The temp. here is about 38 to 40 so I dressed warm it went for a spin. Not far, just about 60 miles round trip. I am now gonna get some Football games on TV and thaw out a little. Take care. Billy.

Whats up Adam. Yeah, the previous owner is "EarlZach" on the FZ1OA forum. He did a remarkable job of keeping the bike mint for 7 years. If you see it up close, it is literally like showroom condition. Not a piece of dirt anywhere. I really lucked out finding him and this bike, not to mention that we have become good friends in the process. His dad is a great guy too. He is currently waiting for his 09' VMax to arrive. We are planning to do some rides together along with his dad who also rides, and his buddies. Should be real nice come Spring.

Here you go pal. Just hit the link and check them out. It's a really excellent product. I am very happy with them. I only wish it would warm up a little since I need to go back down and install the front wheel and remove the rear to bring it upstairs. I know people have applied them while still on the bike but if you can pull the wheel it will make it so much easier. Not to mention that you can clean and grease the bearings and axles while your at it and kill two birds with one stone. The seller's name is Bill. He's a great guy and very easy to work with. Just tell him that \"Billy\" sent you. Let me know how it goes.

Items for Sale by dunstangraffix

0 items for sale by Items for Sale by dunstangraffix :(
Any idea where else these can be found?

You did a great job on those rim stripes. They do a very nice dress-up on the wheels. I have an "08" with the gold wheels, which I really don't care for. I'd much rather have black because it seems that almost any color can be added to black and it looks good. What's your take on putting them on with the wheels in place? If I was to paint the wheels first this wouldn't be an issue but otherwise, do you think a good job could be done with the wheels on the bike?

Back