Riding Techniques

MrLims

Hey all, I want to increase my skills in the saddle so I am looking for books on sportbike riding techniques just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. :thinking:

Thank you

Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist books are very good as I'm sure any book by the Pro's will be. I think one of the best thing you can do is attend a trackday and ask for help. Reading about riding is great for opening your mind to the philosophy of better riding but you will get your biggest gains through some knowledgeable coaching.

Twist of the Wrist is a very good book. I've got a first edition that I got as a gift back in 1985 and I still read it today. Before each track day I study it to help get my brain in gear.

A more whole, and contemporary book is Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch. It covers street and performance, where as ToW is mainly a track book.

Both are good.

I've read both Twist of the Wrist and Sport Riding Techniques.....which can end up confusing as they differ on a few things including weighting of the pegs and throttle control.

A more whole, and contemporary book is Sport Riding Techniques by Nick Ienatsch. .

I have Sport Riding Techniques already and it has helped me allot already, I will have to track down a copy of Keith Codes Twist of the Wrist and give that a read.

Thanks guys :flash:

There's also TOTW DVD, which is quite corny (the 2 dudes who go from sucky to very good are hilarious, imo), but it's very beneficial.

Trackdays:party0011:... You will learn more in 1/2 day than you will riding for yrs on the road.

I am well aware that trackdays and advanced riding courses are good ways to improve your skills... but you cant do this on a plane, in the toilet, at work or anywhere else other than a track... thanks for the tip but I am looking for books to read because i want to read about techniques.

This video is worth a watch for uhmmmm body position.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpAgrGr1jA&feature=feedrec_grec_index]Monica Lee Paige - Thunderhill Raceway GSXR600 HD - YouTube[/ame]

This video is worth a watch for uhmmmm body position.
Monica Lee Paige - Thunderhill Raceway GSXR600 HD - YouTube

She looks fun :D

I'm pretty sure this is the same girl in the video. Notice her body lean :eyebrow:

monicaleepaige1.jpg

And I promise the mods that this is the cleanest pic I found of her.

Back