Riding Music

Ok... what do you folks listen to when you ride?

For me... here's a sampling... still working on the list.
Click Click Boom - Saliva
Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
Toxicity - S.O.D.
Killing in the name of - Rage Against The Machine
Kryptonite - Purple Ribbon All-Stars
Meet the Creeper - Rob Zombie
Barracuda - Heart
Disturbia - Rihanna
Kickstart my Heart - Motley Crue
La Grange - ZZ Top ;
Chop suey - S.O.D;
Animals - Nickleback

What about you? what gets you moving?

I don't listen to anything when I am riding. Never have used music while on the road. Typically, I am riding with my wife and we talk about a lot of things over the Scala Q2 headsets. Some of the best discussions we've had are out on the bikes as we seem to think a lot better twisting the throttle. :tup:

The bike provides all the music I need :D. Although, I will be taking some longer trips this Summer (possibly alone at times) so I might just give the old iPod a test run...

I am diverse..

White Zombie
Nitzer Eb
Front 242
Nine Inch Nails
Los Lonely Boys
Nickel back
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Eagles
Queen
AC/DC
Pink Floyd
Led Zeplin
Ministry
Maroon 5

And yes....
Christina Aguilera
Dianna Krall
Kelly Clarkson
Norah Jones

I have to listen to the bike. When I do the after ride clean up, I do listen to stuff.

I only tried to listening to my ipod once and had to turn it up to high to hear the music so I decided to not do it anymore. Also I tried the "normal" earbuds and I could not get them to stay in when I put my helmet on so I tried some earbuds that hook over the ear. The helmet went on ok with the hook ons but getting the helmet off hurt my ears pretty bad. So now the only thing that goes in my ears when I ride are ear plugs.

My Favs are:
The Who
Rush
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Led Zeppelin
Andrea Bocelli

Lots more, I like variety

Last edited:
Napster is my friend b/c no matter how hard I try to listen to radio/satellite, I just can't do it. I DJ'd through college and have always stuck with the genres I played in the clubs...

MP3 was due for a changeover and have been looking/listening to NuSkool breaks and such...

Plump DJs
Boys Noize
Krafty Kuts
Evil Nine Ft. toastie Taylor
DJ Infinity (samples "Your Love" The Outfield
ILS (samples "Teenage Wastland" The Who
Kickflip
Backdraft

some of my favorites:
Crystal Method
Chemical Brothers
Prodigy
BT
Sasha
Delerium ft: Sarah Mclachlan

and then I can go on the opposite spectrum:
Del McCoury and the boys
Jerry Garcia/David Grisman
Split Lip Rayfield
Allison Krauss and Union Station
.......to name a few.....

I guess I'll give anything a try.....except......OPERA.....

I have 3 playlists on my ipod-- Ride goin, Ride chillen, and Ride good
Ride goin is songs like dope boys by g unit, and mostly rap. Ride chillen is like slow rap songs like thug mansion, do you-twista, and a million songs by Gangstarr. Ride good is like rock like circa survive, dance gavin dance, and a bunch of other rock like thrice, underoath, and some screamo like job for a cowboy, and others. Music+bike=good :)

Back