Riding Hard through Eastern Ohio

TheHaze

filmed with a Contour Roam + Contour Bar Mount.

enjoy :wilynily:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydxCiXie6dk]Crazy Ride Eastern Ohio - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Really thought whether I should post this or not but what the hell, here it goes.

Exceeding the speed limit but at least 40mph assuming the speed on the road is 60. Passing on double line numerous times. At one point I saw a horse and buggy. Imagine coming up behind that on a curve at 80mph. Not sure what the Ohio traffic laws are like but riding like that in Ontario will result in losing the bike and your licence. Really don't care what happens to you, that's your choice but would be a shame if you took someone else out. In your defense I know there are worse videos out there but to me riding like this contributes to the problem why so many people hate bikers.

Really thought whether I should post this or not but what the hell, here it goes.

Exceeding the speed limit but at least 40mph assuming the speed on the road is 60. Passing on double line numerous times. At one point I saw a horse and buggy. Imagine coming up behind that on a curve at 80mph. Not sure what the Ohio traffic laws are like but riding like that in Ontario will result in losing the bike and your licence. Really don't care what happens to you, that's your choice but would be a shame if you took someone else out. In your defense I know there are worse videos out there but to me riding like this contributes to the problem why so many people hate bikers.

This is why I never post lane splitting video clips, its just too unwise & can be evidence against you in court. you'll find 50 violations in a 20 min clip so I keep it to myself, its good to fly low.

curious to why anyone would own a sportbike if you dont plan on actually riding it. if i only wanted to do 55 there are much more comfortable cruisers out there. looks like a fun ride to me, just be careful who you show your vids too.

curious to why anyone would own a sportbike if you dont plan on actually riding it. if i only wanted to do 55 there are much more comfortable cruisers out there. looks like a fun ride to me, just be careful who you show your vids too.

ive learned to not actually admit to being the rider

public youtube videos are hard to.prosecute as the original source cannot be proven

filmed with a Contour Roam + Contour Bar Mount.

enjoy :wilynily:

Any reason for the Bar Mount verses helmet mounted cam? Even if my windscreen was not blacked out I think I would go for the helmet mount for a few reasons. 1) you cannot see the odometer, 2) you get better vision of what the rider is actually seeing.

This is why I never post lane splitting video clips, its just too unwise & can be evidence against you in court. you'll find 50 violations in a 20 min clip so I keep it to myself, its good to fly low.

Lane Splitting is perfectly legal here in California. :p

curious to why anyone would own a sportbike if you dont plan on actually riding it. if i only wanted to do 55 there are much more comfortable cruisers out there.

I think the complaint was more a time & place thing and not an issue with fast riding on a fast bike.

I do 99% of my riding alone so it gives me the freedom to pick my own time & place.

We all tend to push speed limits in appropriate surroundings (clear open road with little traffic, few intersecting roads, etc) but this was in an area with a lot of activity going on (businesses, driveways, other traffic, trucks, even a horse, etc). Wouldn't seem to be the best place to act like a squid.

I hope you were kitted out better than your buddy....looks like he had on tennis shoes and bluejeans.....not appropriate for that kind of riding. At the least it should be ATGATT.

When I was very young (2 or 3), my Mom would ride horses around town. I grew up in a very horse-friendly community and you couldn't go a day without seeing a horse or two on the roads. One day, her horse was spooked by a passing car and tossed her off. It landed on her head, putting her in a coma. She ended up suffering a brain haemorrhage and serious brain damage as a result.

So whenever I pass a horse, I slow way down and give them a ton of space and respect.

We all tend to push speed limits in appropriate surroundings (clear open road with little traffic, few intersecting roads, etc) but this was in an area with a lot of activity going on (businesses, driveways, other traffic, trucks, even a horse, etc). Wouldn't seem to be the best place to act like a squid.

I hope you were kitted out better than your buddy....looks like he had on tennis shoes and bluejeans.....not appropriate for that kind of riding. At the least it should be ATGATT.

I cant speak for someone else but I dont ride like this unless im geared up.

This road is actually a very low traffic road. You just happen to see a few cars and a horse over the course of the 12 miles we traveled.

Perception is everything I suppose.

No animals were harmed during the making of this video

I enjoyed the video, but have to admit my palms were a bit sweaty at times. Looks like a nice road to ride. Saw a Mail Pouch barnside that looked pretty freshly painted. I'm always looking for good roads. Care to let em know what route you were on? I still need to do Rt. 78 in Morgan County this season, and maybe try 555 to the Ohio River again, though last time I was on it, I felt I needed a supermotard.

Be safe.

Jeff

When I was very young (2 or 3), my Mom would ride horses around town. I grew up in a very horse-friendly community and you couldn't go a day without seeing a horse or two on the roads. One day, her horse was spooked by a passing car and tossed her off. It landed on her head, putting her in a coma. She ended up suffering a brain haemorrhage and serious brain damage as a result.

So whenever I pass a horse, I slow way down and give them a ton of space and respect.

When I was a teenager my family had horses and I got bucked off and stepped on once because my horse spooked from a shiny rock on the road. No motorcycles, no cars, no loud noises, just a rock.

Horses can get spooked over very little, it is crazy how dangerous they are, especially because many tend to ride horses without the appropriate gear to keep themselves safe if they should fall off.

I am not pointing a finger at your mom or anything like that, just making a general observation about horses.

My personal opinion after owning horses is that people who take them on streets with cars or trails with hikers and Mountain Bikers are asking for trouble. Horses should be trailered to the wilderness and ridden as far from civilization as possible. Unless of course you have spent countless hours and money training your horse around those things.

I enjoyed the video, but have to admit my palms were a bit sweaty at times. Looks like a nice road to ride. Saw a Mail Pouch barnside that looked pretty freshly painted. I'm always looking for good roads. Care to let em know what route you were on? I still need to do Rt. 78 in Morgan County this season, and maybe try 555 to the Ohio River again, though last time I was on it, I felt I needed a supermotard.

Be safe.

Jeff

Co Rd 93 near Baltic

Back