riding engine water temps

Hi everyone!.. I'm new here and just upgraded from a thundercat to a 2008 Fz1-s.... just an enquiry, what would the normal water temp be on an average ride on a cool day?? being new to the bike I notice that mine is often 70 to 80 degrees centigrade.. is this normal??.. I stopped for a few minutes, the bike still idling and the temp went to 104 degrees, and the fan started working.. any comments?? ..

thanks everyone.

edit..... I've just noticed a similar thread.. it seems everything is fine.

just got to say what an absolutely brilliant bike the Fz1 is... absolutely love it!!

Last edited:
1922343_10203356229770179_92199314_n.jpg

Hi Lonney... this is my Fz1.. a real pleasure to ride!!

Hi everyone!.. I'm new here and just upgraded from a thundercat to a 2008 Fz1-s.... just an enquiry, what would the normal water temp be on an average ride on a cool day?? being new to the bike I notice that mine is often 70 to 80 degrees centigrade.. is this normal??.. I stopped for a few minutes, the bike still idling and the temp went to 104 degrees, and the fan started working.. any comments?? ..

thanks everyone.

just got to say what an absolutely brilliant bike the Fz1 is... absolutely love it!!

Sounds just about normal to me :woot:

thanks everyone.

Just check both fans are working,temp should drop back to about 95c in a few minutes after they come on,if it does everything sounds normal

Back