Ride to Linton IN

I rode over to meet Gary in Brazil, IN at BK and had some breakfast. Then we rode to the Linton, IN BMW shop for some tasty donuts and coffee. We came to a stop sign with a little misting and met a car with windshield wipers going. We went on and got rained on, but not so much we melted.

There were about 13 or so that showed up, but not many 2 wheeled riders. Gary was on his Bergman 650 and I was just able to keep up with him on my FZ1 ;) I had my ZG DB on instead of my ZG ST or V-Stream, so my shoulders and arms got wet and the lower legs of my jeans. I had my water proof A*s on, so at least my feet were dry.

Here's a few pics from the BMW shop.

View attachment 14755
View attachment 14756
View attachment 14757
View attachment 14758
View attachment 14759
View attachment 14760

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
OK. I made it back home. No more rain. I only saw about 10 minutes of sun all day. I started out at 5:00 am my time and it was 60 deg. It got up to about 70. It was humid, but still very comfortable.

I didn't see many 2 wheelers out today. There were a few. My total travel mileage only hit 185 miles, but they were fun miles. It's always great to ride with Gary. Don't underestimate the Bergie 650. Those things move way better than I thought they would and they even corner pretty well.

Now my bike is filthy with road grime, but I didn't pull a "Billy" and get salt everywhere. :poke: Here are a few more shots from the BMW shop. I should have posted the first ones in higher res.

View attachment 14761
View attachment 14762
View attachment 14763
View attachment 14764
View attachment 14765

And here is one of the first pics in higher res

View attachment 14766

A big thanks to Gary for the ride. I hope we can do it again this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Looks like you had a great ride despite the rain. Also glad you didn't pull a "Billy" afterwards! Hahahaha!!! I'm kinda proud to now have my name associated with something, even if it's road and salt grime!! I'm famous!!!:Rockon:

BMW Shop in Linton, IN

Hey Troy, The pics are great ! I really wish the forum guys could join us sometime for a 'step back in time' at the BMW shop. Your pictures really do capture the essence of life during simpler times.

The riding today was spirited despite the rain and I appreciate you letting me LEAD the way. I also know that your GEN II could have easily passed the Burgie anytime, anywhere.

I had forgotten how quiet the Burgman's are. I could actually hear yours 'growling' several times behind me. Ripping up thru the gears, I know you were doing your best to reign 'er in and (thankfully), not blow me into the weeds if you decided to slingshot past me in momentary flash of light and speed . . . . . z000000000000000000m . . . ... . !!!! :eek5:

Ohh yeah, I loved the pic where the two cycles were parked. My black one is pretty. Your BLUE FZ1 is ohh so pretty too, , , and it's clearly the faster color , , , of course :D

Here is the Burgman at rest and ready for the 'donut' RUN . . .. YUM

Back