Ride through the kancamagus highway in NH

hey guys,

i just got back from riding with (papa) geno. we met up by my house in boston and set off up 93 to new hampshire, ending up at the kancamagus highway. the kancamagus was beautiful and a fun ride. the weather was great. i really don't have any complaints. if you live around the area and have never been, you really should go. i'm sure eric can tell you a lot more than i can, that's his neck of the woods i think. here are some pics.

5947382471_eb52d1e4e2_b.jpg

5947386943_ea28946206_b.jpg

5947941944_243d04e6d4_b.jpg

5947384893_dfeaf9d9c6_b.jpg

5947939680_8b75d6ae8a_b.jpg

5947938834_da6f85a170_b.jpg

So, you went right on by the wife and I.... did not invite us? ;) Not that we could have gone.... it was a busy weekend here! :D Glad you got up to the Kanc!

next time eric! our thoughts were clouded by ways to avoid the louden race traffic!

That's an easy one... stay off 93! 95 north to 16 north takes you right to the Conway side of the Kanc. Shorter ride by a long shot too! ;) Next time, you two can come here and stay the night then we can all head up early in the morning... if you pick a weekday instead of a weekend, the traffic is bearable and a more "spirited" run through the kanc can be had. ;)

We run a loop up there that you'd just love to ride.... Let us know if you want to make an all day trip one day and I'll guide you. :tup:

That's an easy one... stay off 93! 95 north to 16 north takes you right to the Conway side of the Kanc. Shorter ride by a long shot too! ;) Next time, you two can come here and stay the night then we can all head up early in the morning... if you pick a weekday instead of a weekend, the traffic is bearable and a more "spirited" run through the kanc can be had. ;)

We run a loop up there that you'd just love to ride.... Let us know if you want to make an all day trip one day and I'll guide you. :tup:

that sounds great. also had no idea 95 was shorter! maybe in august we can do that..

that sounds great. also had no idea 95 was shorter! maybe in august we can do that..

Actually, they are almost equal in distance to either end of the Kanc but we just hate slabbing it. As a matter of fact, the best way to get some scenic riding in is to take 95 north to 16 north. Get off in Rochester and pick up 153 north to Conway. It's not a FAST ride, but it is twistie and very scenic. This takes you right to Conway, NH and the entrance to the Kanc is not far from where you pick up 16 again.

The loop is 16 north to Rte 2, then 115 south to 3, 3 south to 302 and 302 back to North Conway. For the extended tour, take the Kanc west and pick up 3 south out of Lincoln and follow 3 all the way down to Concord and then slab 93 to home. :tup:

Eric if we could do that, it would be super! I just don't know my way around there so I just went easy which was 93.. Well for me, 295 to 495 to 93...

The whole staying the night thing would make it a lot more bearable as after yesterday there is no way I could have done any more. That is why we literally ran it from Lincoln to Conway, got lunch and went back across and home..

And the reason I didn't PM you about coming is due to the way I thought we had to go which was 93, and that is opposite of you. And I knew the race was going on so basically the whole day was on a schedule. So yeah, my apologies. :(

Eric if we could do that, it would be super! I just don't know my way around there so I just went easy which was 93.. Well for me, 295 to 495 to 93...

The whole staying the night thing would make it a lot more bearable as after yesterday there is no way I could have done any more. That is why we literally ran it from Lincoln to Conway, got lunch and went back across and home..

And the reason I didn't PM you about coming is due to the way I thought we had to go which was 93, and that is opposite of you. And I knew the race was going on so basically the whole day was on a schedule. So yeah, my apologies. :(

;) No worries, trust me! See my other thread because it would have been US that would have had to disappoint you two. Grandpa for a 2nd time! :tup:

I'd be happy to tour you all through the White Mountains. Just let me know in advance and we'll be ready for you. :D

Aren't you at the gap right now? I bet thats better than our ride!

Sorry I missed this post.Yes I was at the gap and had a great time there,can't wait to get back again some time. It kind of ruins most any other roads that I ride now,they all seem like straight aways. The only thing was I was on my BMW because we rode there and there's no way I would ride the FZ1 that far.On a positive note though it took my friend on his concours about 2 minutes to catch up to me after a run through the gap,and I have a 2 cylinder boxer engine.

Back