Ride It (rideitmoto.com) Levers - Review

EffZeeOne

Continued from http://www.998cc.org/forum/47459-post13.html.

My levers arrived in four days as mentioned in the above thread, which I think is great considering they came from Hong Kong.

The box was in pretty bad shape (1st picture) but no matter, they were well packaged (2nd picture), and were in great shape (3rd picture).

There has been some discussion regarding these being the same as the Dragon levers off eBay. I wouldn't doubt it, however these do have red (pinkish) adjustment switches which set them apart a bit.

They installed without fuss. You'll need an 11mm closed end wrench, a 10mm socket, a flat-head screwdriver, and some grease. My thanks to DenArnold for his advice a while back on installation here > http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/9094-new-clutch-brake-levers-how.html.

Check the pictures for how they look on my '09.

4126d1285462536-ride-rideitmoto-com-levers-review-onbikefromfront1.jpg

4125d1285462536-ride-rideitmoto-com-levers-review-onbikefromrider1.jpg

4124d1285462536-ride-rideitmoto-com-levers-review-levercloseup.jpg

Last edited:
Impressions

My impressions of the levers are that they are...
  • Well Built
  • Attractive & aggressive looking, the black color just looks better on the bike :2cents:
  • They "feel" better than the stock levers :D
  • Having an adjustable clutch lever really rules :Rockon:

I consider these a fairly major comfort mod. The clutch engagement point (friction zone) was very far out with the stock setup. With these levers, you can get the friction zone as close to the handlebar as you want it. In fact, too close. After the install, I set off for a ride, and immediately konked out the bike. I thought I had the side-stand down. It was actually due to the clutch engagement point being so close to the handlebar that it immediately engaged with the slightest release. I quick few clicks of the hot-pink adjuster switch and I was on my way.

I'm positive that my favorable impressions would be the same for the Dragon levers off eBay, or the $99 ones from Cycle World (forgot the name, I'll look it up). But I can vouch for decent service from "Ride It", and a dandy set of levers.

They do look pretty good. I even like the reddish adjuster lever (even though I chose the black one). A friend of mine got regular levers that were supposed to be red to match his Honda VFR but they were more pink looking than red and influenced my decision to go with black adjusters.

Glad you like yours, it gives everyone another option which is a good thing.

Sorry I bump old thread, because thinking to order those levers.
EffZeeOne, what is the lenght of your levers? I was thinking to get the short ones. Are they too short?

I initially bought the Ride it levers in short. I didn't like the short because I thought they were too short. When I purchased the longs I went with the FDB levers. They appear to me to be built in the same factory other than one small difference: the FDB's have brass floaters at the pivot point which in my opinion makes them much smoother. I prefer the FDB's to the Ride it's

I initially bought the Ride it levers in short. I didn't like the short because I thought they were too short. When I purchased the longs I went with the FDB levers. They appear to me to be built in the same factory other than one small difference: the FDB's have brass floaters at the pivot point which in my opinion makes them much smoother. I prefer the FDB's to the Ride it's

Thanks for your opinion.
I just ordered FDB levers :)

Initially purachased FDB black shorties. Really like the quality/ price ratio, but realized shorties were not for me. Have ordered again from FDB for reqular length and this time in gold. I'll proly have some FDB black shorties for sale cheap on the forum in the not to distant future.

I got those China-made FDB type short levers too.

I was initially interested in the black ones with the red adjusters. But after talking to some folks, they told me that those parts being anodized would begin to fade after a few months. And I kinda agreed.

I have Bridgeport red anodized valve caps on my wheels and after a few months and wash, they tend to lose their shine and begin to fade, becoming matt pink or so.

I decided to go with the chrome levers with black adjusters.

I decided to go with the chrome levers with black adjusters.

Black fades just like red does. It may fade to a more desirable color, like flat black or gray, but if the red fades, so will the black. BTW, the red adjusters are fairly "pink" looking right out of the box, but it doesn't distract. Looks fine to me. Oh, and mine look mint after a few months, but my bike is garage-kept.

Black fades just like red does. It may fade to a more desirable color, like flat black or gray, but if the red fades, so will the black. BTW, the red adjusters are fairly "pink" looking right out of the box, but it doesn't distract. Looks fine to me. Oh, and mine look mint after a few months, but my bike is garage-kept.

Well, the reason I went with the chrome/black was because the black adjusters are just little bits. If they faded, it would matter much.

Compared with red levers and black adjusters (or the reverse), fading of the red or black parts would be noticeable. I really wanted those Black/Reds though. :\ Well, maybe next time.

Anyway, for the Bridgeport valve stems, I have to admit that I used rather strong cleaning solutions (and some degreasers) on the wheels, so that might have had something to do with the discoloration on the anodized valve stems.

Back