Richie's First Ride To Bike Night!

Richie rode his Ninja for the first time up to Bike Night this afternoon. I'm sure he felt awesome riding into the parking lot on his own bike. The weather was absolutely perfect and even early on you could tell that there was going to be record numbers there. We took pictures and videos, had some jumbo pretzels and soda, and enjoyed the cars and bikes coming in.

Richie's Ninja in the mix for the first time.
IMG_0229-1.jpg

IMG_0230-1.jpg

A Mecury Montclair and a Crown Victoria with the same color scheme. They are always here side by side.
IMG_0231-1.jpg

Car buffs will know what this was attached to.
IMG_0232.jpg

Thats right! You got it!
IMG_0233.jpg

A beautiful RS Camaro.
IMG_0234-1.jpg

A wacky Olds Cutlass with FOUR WHEEL STEERING!!
IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237-1.jpg

The new Triumph Daytona 675
IMG_0239-1.jpg

A Kawasaki ZR1000. I wasn't digging the color on the bolts.
IMG_0240.jpg

Richie stands proudly next to his Ninja. Someone else actually rode in on a blue one later on.
IMG_0241-1.jpg

We met Ray (CanonFuji) on the way up the mountain. We pulled over to chat and he noticed this in Richie's rear tire. I left it in until I got home and found out that it was only 3/16's of an inch long, so it never actually penetrated the tire. Thank God!
IMG_0242.jpg

The hawks were out in full force this afternoon. The wind was up to about 15 to 20mph so they took full advantage of the thermals.
IMG_0243.jpg

IMG_0244-2.jpg

A nice pair of Kawi's
IMG_0245.jpg

A KTM Duke.
IMG_0246-1.jpg

A nice Honda. I wasn't as thrilled with his choice in helmets though.
IMG_0260.jpg

I took some video because the class of cars this afternoon was outstanding.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VyRcqbdQeY]YouTube - Richies First Bike Night[/ame]

Thanks Billy. What an awesome night for Richie as well as for you! Got to be a great feeling to have him out riding with you like this. Congrats! :tup:

Nice pics Billy and you're right it was the perfect night for Richie to ride up there on his bike. Glad that nail didn't turn out to be an issue for you guys.

I almost went up there today as I got out of work early, but decided to give the FZ1 a good cleaning since it was super dirty after riding through all that rain during my trip to Americade a few weeks ago. One of these Wednesdays I'll plan it so I can take a ride up there ;)

Well, the night was bittersweet. If you want a great true story, here it goes.

You may not know it but my ex-wife has never been told about Richie having a bike. A couple of weeks before the purchase I had him tell her what was going on and she told him that she didn't want to know anything about it. Oh well, I tried. So needless to say, I didn't say anything.

Fast forward to this afternoon......

At 3:15pm I go down with Richie to get ready to leave. Before I can open the garage door his phone rings. His mother is 5 blocks away and wants some bags she left here yesterday. He goes back upstairs for them. Meanwhile, I roll the FZ out of the garage to warm it up. I close the door so that the exhaust fumes don't fill up the garage.

She pulls up and he gives her the bags. She takes off and I open the garage for him to warm up the Ninja. We hop on and head to the gas station, fill up, and hit the parkway.

Here's the funny part. We're in the right lane on the Sprain Parkway about 20 miles North when the flow slowed way down. Someone driving 40mph no doubt. I signal and move over to the center lane with Richie 25 feet behind. There is about 6 cars in the right lane going like turtles so we speed up to about 60 to get ahead and fall back in to the right.

As I get close to the lead slowpoke, some red car, I pass it and wait until I have about 100 feet before heading back with Richie to the right. I notice the red car starting to creep up now on my right. I glance over and WHAMMO! : oops: It's my ex-wife!!!! I have my dark shield down so she can't see my face. She now slows down and goes along side Richie. After about 10 seconds she again pulls up along side of me and by now I am laughing my azz off under my helmet!! I look over to her and I'm reading her lips as I believe she is cursing me out! I motion with my hand that I can't hear what your saying but she keeps on yelling! I'm now tearing because it's too funny.

She got off the exit to her school and we kept going. Once on the mountain, we pulled over to talk to Ray, I was teasing Richie that he's a Dead Man when his mother gets a hold of him! Ray is laughing too.

Well, we pull into the park and of course my phone is ringing. Now you guys that know me know that I'm easy going but when it comes to my ex, the Mr. Hyde comes out. After she cursed me out on the phone I calmly told her that not only will he NOT stop riding, but he will be at bike night next Wednesday as well! Then she said something about killing me and I think spending the rest of my life in prison or something, then I hung up on her. Hey, I pay for my cell minutes! I can't waste them arguing with my ex-wife.

Well, we haven't heard back from her yet so we're safe for now.

This was straight out of a sitcom I tell ya! Honest to God true story. I'm still laughing, and I've been home for 2-1/2 hours!

OMG! That is freakin' hilarious! So, she seems to think she is the only parent? She can stop this? It's no small wonder why her first name is Ex now is it?

That is just awesome Billy. Thanks for sharing! LOL!!! I literally laughed out loud too!!

Great

Great pics and vid. The after story is awesome. The more she rags, the more the boy is going to want to ride. I don't have a clue as to your whole situation with her but from here it looks like a win/win for you. Good luck and keep the young man riding.:rmwl:

Great pics and vid. Billy what makes this story so good to me is that i can see this happening to me in about 8-10 years when my boys get old enough to drive. The evil x-wife will go nuts when my boys get their first bike LOL!!!

Back