Renthal Fatties installed

cozmo2312

originally i had ordered the wrong sized clamps. the bolt was too big for the holes in the triple, got the right clamps sent to me, bars back on. amazingly everything went back together just as it came apart.

the original plan for this was to eventually get the N model headlight, so if the bars wouldn't go lock to lock without hitting, i wasn't concerned. however, much to my surprise, nothing touches. tank is free and front fairing is free, lock to lock. i might just save my $600 and put it towards a full akra.

bars feel good. maybe and inch lower, more forward and hands are wider. like my supermoto with a lot more powah.

ca1877d8.jpg

b786406b.jpg

362daf68.jpg

seems smoother actually.

i didn't have a whole lot of miles on the stock setup, but on my little ride today, no vibes at all.

also gets rid of the weird wrist angle that has your knuckles pointed out. now your hands/wrists are more perpendicular with the bars/bike

Digging on another forum it looks like Cozmo went with the Suzuki Renthal Clamp (model CL003) that come with 10mm bolts that fit the FZ1.

Cosmo correct me if wrong.. if so those clamps are around $53...
Renthal Fatties are about $75

The weights at the ends of the bars are really a safety device.

If you run over a pothole on edge, and you're not holding on real tight for whatever reason, the weights will greatly diminish the jolt and give you a chance to recover.

When I bought my 07, the previous owner had removed the original heavy ones and had replaced them with 'pretty' (and light) aluminium ones - I put the originals back.

Last edited:
Digging on another forum it looks like Cozmo went with the Suzuki Renthal Clamp (model CL003) that come with 10mm bolts that fit the FZ1.

Cosmo correct me if wrong.. if so those clamps are around $53...
Renthal Fatties are about $75

I would like to know. Been wanting something like this. Can this be done keeping the weighted bar ends?

Back